Thread: Boyds

Default Boyds

How did you all like that clinic madden put on last night I see that they still don't have any idea on how to prepare a race track I didn't like hearing the news about Charlie mintz he was the first driver to turn the old boyds track under 16 seconds I hoe he recovers.

The heats were boring, but it was quite racey for the feature. Quite a bit of passing throughout the field. And how about that crowd!

It's amazing they can draw that kind of crowd with the track like that they kept talking about track record I new after hot laps the track record was safe and they never got any closer than a second of it they need to learn that water truck needs to run more than one day a week.

Buy a track and run it the way you think it should be run. They are closing faster than they are opening them.

If I had the money I would when I go to races I notice how race tracks are losing money for instance last night they kept a line all night long at the concession stand at the same time there was nobody at the one in the pits I would have fixed it were the people in the stands could have went to the one in the pis and not gone farther than that.

First time to Boyd's , its always a good sign when you look around and see improvements being made . New grandstands going up (They are still gonna need more , again great problem to have ) . Modernizing Facilities , accepting debit /credit cards ,modern restrooms. Flat Screen TV's outside of concession areas to see your order, what you have to pay . The Dirt Late Model simulator . I see a track that looks stable and is building towards the future .

The program was ran professionally and in a timely matter , heats were ok, feature more than made up for it . Good little track Dale has done a good job with it .

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    If I had the money I would when I go to races I notice how race tracks are losing money for instance last night they kept a line all night long at the concession stand at the same time there was nobody at the one in the pits I would have fixed it were the people in the stands could have went to the one in the pis and not gone farther than that.
    need concession stand just for drinks and chips, but I always take my own snacks and drink in. no way I would stand in that line. it was the same all night, long.
    victim

I have never been hungry enough to stand in a line that long for food, but if the only money boyd's made Friday night was at concession they done great.

The concession line at Boyd's was a nightmare, I tried to get in there at a good time and probably waited 30 minutes, missing the B-mains and the Sportsman feature and maybe something else, though I will say that the baloney burger was great and prices were fair. ---- They are working hard to improve the facility, I could tell the difference from just a couple months ago and the new grandstands will be a plus the next time a big show comes to town. The crowd was amazing and I'm sure they will be more ready for it the next time around. ---- I'll be back the next time a big race comes around and I'll bet even more improvements will be evident.

In the late 70's I was going to college on Fridays I would go to work then rush to boyds speedway for a regular Friday night show in the pits would be Charlie Hughes,Doug kenimer,sooks defoor,Charlie Muncie,billlythomas,Ronnie Johnson would be there but he was just starting out and more at this time these were some of the best in the country and they would be at boyds every Friday night it was standing room only every night you know last year when they run there Tuesday night race Austin Dillon told them if they would put more water on the track they might be able to pass well they ain't found that water truck in almost a year.