Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

So you can start the race and step on your D in the first corner, get your spot back (Overton). Or you can merely jump the start and get sent back. Boy that makes a ton of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    So you can start the race and step on your D in the first corner, get your spot back (Overton). Or you can merely jump the start and get sent back. Boy that makes a ton of sense.
    Do you have a problem with Overtun? The (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ing weekend is over and your still spotting in your tampon. Lay down with those cramps and take some midol.

You know what makes sense is you crying on a good weekend. Shut up and enjoy the races!

I do enjoy them, if I didn't I wouldn't come on here and "cry" and be harassed by people like you. Thanks for the opinion though it is greatly appreciated.

And no I don't have a problem with Overton, I have a problem with a guy starting on the pole and spinning out in front of the whole field causing a big ole cluster and then getting to re-start at the front.

Then call WoO and have them change the rules.. If no green flag lap its a complete restart. thats what the rule books says thats what they did.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Then call WoO and have them change the rules.. If no green flag lap its a complete restart. thats what the rule books says thats what they did.....
    Amen!Well that didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by D. Tidrow View Post
    Amen!Well that didn't happen
    Beware the conjure!

I realize that may be what the rule book says, but if you watch the video, it just doesn’t look good. More power to him though. If that is going to be the way it is drivers might as well just brake-check everybody on the start and cause a big ole crash and re-start at the front every time until there aren’t any cars left.

I am not always right, admittedly, but the ability of some you to stick your head in the sand and not even want to have a civil discussion about some things that happen at the racetrack baffles me.

I might be mistaken here and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but, hasn't this been the rule for quit a while now. I'm not saying it's right or wrong just it's been the rule.

If you dont complete a lap its a complete restart its been that way in all forms of dirt track racing for years....

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    If you dont complete a lap its a complete restart its been that way in all forms of dirt track racing for years....
    Bingo! We have a winner. Thanks for your insight.

I think "all forms of dirt track racing" is a bit broad. Must be a door-banger thing, it isn't like that in sprint cars. And just because it is the rule doesn't make it right. I don't think it is right to have to pay for healthcare for illegal aliens and someone taking advantage of welfare on my dime either, but I guess I'll leave it at that. I am spotting again

I think "all forms of dirt track racing" is a bit broad. Must be a door-banger thing, it isn't like that in sprint cars. And just because it is the rule doesn't make it right. I don't think it is right to have to pay for healthcare for illegal aliens and someone taking advantage of welfare on my dime either, but I guess I'll leave it at that. I am spotting again
    Sometimes rules are made for absolutely no apparent reason at all........I could give you a few great recent examples, but ( sigh) I digress.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Hope to clarify, WoO and track rules are different. WoO makes all of the late model calls. WoO original starts are determined by two jugs in the infield. Pole sitter sets the pace in turn 3 with the outside pole to stay side by side. Neither driver can fire before the first jug. After the first but before the second the pole driver can fire at anytime legally. Outside cannot fire first. On restarts the leader may fire any time from turn 3 on. Track uses the chalk lines for their original starts. If one lap is not complete and a caution is thrown there is a complete restart. I believe that contact between any cars determines a complete restart. If a driver just pulls up and stops then he is sent to the tail.

Sprint cars are different in that since they have no clutches their rules are if you stop and need a push you go to tail

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Draggin View Post
    Must have been imaginary chalk lines-there were none.
    Oh contraire mon fraire. They was there.
    8/13/16

Default Chalk lines

I had to watch the DoD video.Over and over. They did not show up on the heat races Sunday? Maybe it was the camera angle but I doubt it. I have seen Billy start 100's of races-he pays very close attention to the start line/flagman,it's one of many reasons he is hard to beat to turn 1.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    candy asses
    They wanted to watch the NCAA tourney old fan. 👹💩

Quote Originally Posted by Viper91 View Post
    Anyday sitting at the races is better than sitting at home
    Sounds like your home needs a lot of improvement then!!! lololol