Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What you folks are apparently missing is fast food jobs are entry level jobs to learn to work... they're for high school kids or college kids working their way through college for spending money, not to be used as a primary income.. McDonalds is already testing automated cashiers... that will cut about 6 employees a store, minimum... I worked part time a several fast food joints over the years to supplement my income in the lean years... It is not for a primary income. Besides, if McDonalds is the best you can do, you certainly don't deserve 15 bucks an hour...

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    What you folks are apparently missing is fast food jobs are entry level jobs to learn to work... they're for high school kids or college kids working their way through college for spending money, not to be used as a primary income.. McDonalds is already testing automated cashiers... that will cut about 6 employees a store, minimum... I worked part time a several fast food joints over the years to supplement my income in the lean years... It is not for a primary income. Besides, if McDonalds is the best you can do, you certainly don't deserve 15 bucks an hour...
    ... Well for some that is there primary income! Not every body has the GREATEST LUCK in LIFE. Hell there are full blown top notch college grad's out there and they cant find a dam thing out on the streets homeless....
    Last edited by AnonymousNate; 04-11-2016 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousNate View Post
    ... Well for some that is there primary income! Not every body has the GREATEST LUCK in LIFE. Hell there are full blown top notch college grad's out there and they cant find a dam thing out on the streets homeless....
    They can't find jobs because you idiot liberals ran all the manufacturing off.... And if McDonalds is the best they can do, they ain't worth 15 bucks an hour, and lastly, you make your own luck.... I heard a great man once say, if you can't make a living where your at, move... if your not willing to move you'll probably never succeed to the higher levels of income... he was right, I'll site myself as the example... I was unwilling to move, hence it took much much longer to achieve anything...

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousNate View Post
    because they haven't looked or tried

Here is a list of 5 developed countries without a minimum wage and are doing pretty good.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles...mum-wages.asp#

Country with the best minimum wage.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/14/pf/m...ies-australia/

well move there one article is not that much different thanwhat we have considering their tax stricter the othere said for S weden 60 -70 percent paid at the min wage no reason to excel there
    Last edited by old fan; 04-12-2016 at 06:54 AM.

Here's an idea for you pro $15hr minimum wage! Start your own business and hire everyone, beginning at $15/hr. I bet you wont last 60 days!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    Here is a list of 5 developed countries without a minimum wage and are doing pretty good.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles...mum-wages.asp#

Country with the best minimum wage.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/14/pf/m...ies-australia/
    SS please move to Stockholm for a year and then report about the great life going on over there. Don't walk in the suburbs though if you don't want to be very disappointed and shocked. And maybe even given a haircut at the neckline.

Here is some more info for you Dictator. Countries with the least amount of corruption. I bet you can't guess what countries it is can you?

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-l...-world-2014-12

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ntries-in-2015

come on show us a country with population New Zealand really its a population of st louis and Kansas city , Swedish motorsports wow US can't compare lmfao https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...port_in_Sweden
    Last edited by old fan; 04-12-2016 at 09:16 PM.

I did a little researching tonight and here are my results.

State................... Min wage...........................Big mac

Calif.....................$10.00.................. .............$5.11

Florida...................$8.05................... .............$4.47

Il..........................$8.25................. ..............$4.55

Kentucky................$7.25..................... ..........$4.03

N.Y.........................$9.00................. .............$5.23

T.X..........................$7.25................ ..............$4.39

http://www.fastfoodmenuprices.com/mcdonalds-prices/

http://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-a...age-chart.aspx
    Last edited by ss12; 04-12-2016 at 09:08 PM.

what is your point they want min wage to 15 bucks so in that big mac would be close to 8 bucks a lace like mcdd can get away with that but how about some mom and pop eatery or other type work

Why doesnt the federal government put the minimum wage at $10 to all states? If the state doesnt want to do that they will not get any federal help. Most states that dont want this is because companies will move (where would they go?) or close and we will be right where we are now with no jobs. What are we losing? Companies dont want a set min wage so they can pay the mexicans lower wages. Its about sorry to live in this country because of the greed that has consumed this great country.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Why doesnt the federal government put the minimum wage at $10 to all states? If the state doesnt want to do that they will not get any federal help. Most states that dont want this is because companies will move (where would they go?) or close and we will be right where we are now with no jobs. What are we losing? Companies dont want a set min wage so they can pay the mexicans lower wages. Its about sorry to live in this country because of the greed that has consumed this great country.
    Why the he!! do you want the federal government to control you more? Are you stupid?

back when minimum wage was $1.10 hour u worked 40 hour a week did your job and maybe got a nickle the following year.then go home and put hay up the rest of day and maybe get a meal and in the fall u hanged and striped tobacco after work and on weekends.

It doesn't matter who set the minimum wage. When it all said and done the citizen decide what the wage will be. They either go through their politician(in this country) or their unions(in other countries). Like all pay it to has to keep up with inflation. What a $1.10 bought years ago won't buy nothing now. Citizen need to keep their purchasing power to keep this economy going.

yes you find a better job wow who would 've that that , when jobs go wanting geuss what the wages go up and most of the idiots complaining about 15 hr are part time workers do we have to explain