Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Potomic Speedway

Just saw where Ultimate has cancelled their race at potomic. Potomic is still going to race but it wont be Ultimate sanctioned. Did they cancel cuz of VMS or what

According to a statement from the track, they did cancel because of VMS's decision... Had to know that was coming after VMS made the call.. Weather always seems to be a factor for SLM shows at VMS...
    I don't always post on 4m.. But when I do, I'm usually sitting on the crapper!!

Sad they can't go ahead and have the race at Potomic even though others are canceled. That would be about like the Lucas series canceling a race at Atomic cuz of a rain out at Brownstown. Not a big fan of the Ultimate series at all at this point

Not many cars are going to travel that far for 5k to win when they are allowed to miss up to 2 point races anyway. I don't agree with Potomac cutting the purse but that's just me

You have to think of it from a drivers perspective. The National drivers are more equipped for situations like this -- and even they don't like it. Essentially when you are running with a tour and they schedule a 2, 3 or 4 race swing then you can spread your fixed costs over several races. For instance it is going to cost you the same amount of money for fuel and travel (for the most part) to drive from TN to MD no matter if it is 1, 2 or 3 races. However, if you are running just one you have to take all of that cost out of that one races winnings. Its just not smart for a series to put their drivers in that situation. Those are the type of weekends that can cause a driver to drop off the tour (which effects all of your remaining races because drivers skip races and then either fall behind or lose the use of a drop race for a bad finish and decide not to bother with it anymore) trust me I've experienced it with the Modified tour I'm involved with. With all of that aside you can't expect the tour/track to willing lose barrels of cash either... if we all want a race track to go to in the future then we should appreciate when they decide to consider self preservation as a priority.

Great post and dead on the money W2. It was a mutual decision between Potomac and us. Potomac is still having a race for the local fans and racers while the travelers don't have to drive (in some cases 10 hours) long distances. Racing is a tough business and we all need to make fiscally responsible decisions or we won't be around to have races. I applaud and thank Denise and Greg for making this decision in everyone's best interests.

i think potomac cancelled the whole thing.....

Default Potomac Speedway

Just to let everyone Potomac Speedway HAS NOT cancelled there events for Friday April 8,2016. The only thing cancelled was the Sanction By Ultimate, Promoter Greg Gunter will go on with the show and has scheduled a 35 lap $2500 to win Super Show along with Street Stocks, Hobbystocks and U-Cars,. Gates will open at 5pm, warm-ups 7:30 and racing at 8pm. Come on out and see some great racing at the High Banks of Potomac Speedway
    Last edited by denise hollidge; 04-07-2016 at 08:56 PM. Reason: wrong information

Thanks Denise. Family is in town and plan on heading there tomorrow

Red face

The Mad Hatter and I are making the 80 mile trek down south due to the cancellation of Williams Grove and Trail Way...Hopefully, but doubtful, they'll run the SLM feature first...

At any rate, it sure beats staying home playing with my Chub.....................Zillar stocker car die cast...
    Opinions may vary...

If I were a betting man, I'd say the lineup will be SS, SLM, HS, and U-cars Stan...
    I don't always post on 4m.. But when I do, I'm usually sitting on the crapper!!

Arrow

You're spot on Mud...Oh well, I'll just look at it as a reminder to myself why I don't go there more often...
    Opinions may vary...

Should be an early night since crates usually run when the supers do. Im guessing supers would be the 2nd feature

17 supers tonight. Hubbard, Hardy, Arthur plus the regulars

72 Covert
    24 Moreland
    11 Hubbard
    87 Arthur
    0 Hollidge
    Top 5 in time trials

Finish
    72 Covert
    0 Hollidge
    24 Moreland
    87 Arthur
    99v Hardy
    Hubbard DNS. Broke leading 1st heat

Another win for the new XR1 Rocket chassis in the Mid-Atlantic region. I think they have won the majority of races run so far this season, except for maybe Lupfer and Hardy, both in a MBH, Good early season start so far for the new chassis.
    Last edited by BTExpress; 04-08-2016 at 09:44 PM.

Thats pretty much all it is down here is Rockets and MBH. Think i saw 1 Swartz down here last year and the rest were those 2

How was the crowd tonight with the chilly weather and without the Ultimate sanction?

surprisingly good crowd for as cold as it was. Supers were done around 10 and they had already run the SS & pure stock features. Great job to the crew at Potomac for moving the program along. Also a nice gesture for all the fans that supported them tonight were a free coffee/hot chocolate with admission. Didn't cost them much, but goes a long way as far as PR. Overall a good night of racing.....
    "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."

"You rarely get positive results from people who do nothing but complain".