Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default You must be joking!

$105.00 entry fee for the BOB series race,paying $3000.00 to win at Moler Speedway 04/15/16,plus you must rent a transponder. WOW! The entry fee is way out of line.
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

Quote Originally Posted by lazermod3 View Post
    $105.00 entry fee for the BOB series race,paying $3000.00 to win at Moler Speedway 04/15/16,plus you must rent a transponder. WOW! The entry fee is way out of line.
    Must be trying to pay for the WoO show! You are spot on.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Never mind. I see that is standard BOB practice.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

There should be no entry fee for a $3K race and if this is true this series won't last long. BoB should work their profit through the promotors.

$100 entry fee is pretty standard for regional shows. No matter if it's 3k or 10k to win.

This is a FASTRAk deal. That's how they operate. Ultimate has always had that kind of entry fee.

Most ump shows don't have a fee including summer nats

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    Most ump shows don't have a fee including summer nats
    You must be joking!!!!!! Because that clearly isn't the case.

If nobody charged an entry fee..... None of these series would exist.

BS they don't charge the only event that are charged is dream and the world 100 do you live in UMP country I think not ,they are also one of the few sanctions that allows the ct525 motor to run with the supers

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    You must be joking!!!!!! Because that clearly isn't the case.

If nobody charged an entry fee..... None of these series would exist.
    Kind of sounds like you are in agreement with the fee Husker! I never could figure out how a promoter can charge the people who put on the show. This is a problem that needs addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by In The Gas View Post
    Kind of sounds like you are in agreement with the fee Husker! I never could figure out how a promoter can charge the people who put on the show. This is a problem that needs addressed.
    The problem with your argument is the promoter/track doesn't get the entry fee...... The series does.

They've been charging entry fees since like the beginning of racing.

BS they don't charge the only event that are charged is dream and the world 100 do you live in UMP country I think not ,they are also one of the few sanctions that allows the ct525 motor to run with the supers
    You don't even know what's going in your head. I highly doubt just because you live in UMP territory that gives you a one up in that department.
    Last edited by huskerdirt; 04-07-2016 at 08:49 PM.

nah I am just around many of the UMP racers every weekend including during the winter and that's they tell me many teams will not the MARS series when they come to town because of the entry fee

nah I am just around many of the UMP racers every weekend including during the winter and that's they tell me many teams will not the MARS series when they come to town because of the entry fee
    There's a difference between a weekly show and regional tour show...... And some of your STL boys are headed to Wheatland for the MLRA show. Must not bother them too bad.

yeah because if you look at his last name it might give you a clue both the drivers I am thinking about are not hurting for money and also have a sponsor that will help out also and all racing in the st louis area this weekend is cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    The problem with your argument is the promoter/track doesn't get the entry fee...... The series does.

They've been charging entry fees since like the beginning of racing.
    Your argument holds no merit for the guys or gals who put on the show. With no drivers you have no show!
    $105 entry fee
    $45+ times 4 people to get in the gate plus pits=$180
    $50 food for 4 people
    $125 fuel to/from the track
    You end up running for $2500 if you win.
    This doesn't even touch the wear and tear on the car or the hauler.
    Race team do not come close to breaking even.

So to charge a race team to enter is a big joke.
    Do you see the Undertaker getting charged to wrestle in WrestleMania? He!! No you don't because he is the one putting on the show.
    Stop charging the entry fee!
    Although this is not the popular choice, the fans should pick up the fee.

Your argument holds no merit for the guys or gals who put on the show. With no drivers you have no show!
    $105 entry fee
    $50 food for 4 people

Do you see the Undertaker getting charged to wrestle in WrestleMania? He!! No you don't because he is the one putting on the show.
    That is a little bit different considering the undertaker wrestles in front of 100k people inside an arena each of whom was totally willing to pay $100+ for a ticket. Try passing that cost on to the fans and see how quick there is a 200 page thread on here complaining about ticket prices. Are the event promoters supposed to go in the red to make everyone else happy? They are in business to make money too.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

$105 entry fee
    $50 food for 4 people

And just now you think it's a joke??? Where the heck have you been????

My argument had nothing to do whether it was right. Just making a statement of fact. Entry fees, sanction fees, sponsors pay the point fund and wage for those people that work there asses for this sport.

I got a better idea..... Let's just have everybody come in for free. No charge for anything. Then when the series/track/promoter goes broke and can't pay anything out. You can sit back and say well atleast we got in for free.

Everybody that pulls through gate knows the deal. It's too bad your head is so buried in the sand you don't.

sorry the fans pay the purse and should ,there are tracks that don't change their admission or pit pass fee for any show try that one on for size pay attention no entry fee no higher pit pass and no higher on admission prices

sorry the fans pay the purse and should ,there are tracks that don't change their admission or pit pass fee for any show try that one on for size pay attention no entry fee no higher pit pass and no higher on admission prices
    I never says a word about the front gate.

Litey..... Please name this 8th wonder of the world you call a race track. And you say such track does this every week? Highly doubt it.