Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Never said any track does it cheaper. Never said any track does it better. All i said was tracks in my area charge that for a regular show. Litey made it sound like its the greatest place in the world. Yes, the tracks Im speaking of do raise the gate prices on specials. These tracks also don't make really any money on a weekly show. I guess what I'm asking in the end is that does Oakshade really make that much on a weekly show that it doesn't need to inflate the prices to cover there cost of bringing in a regional show. Bringing in even a small show like that is no small potatoes.If they do.... Then great. They are the extreme exception to the rule. Props to them.
    yes it called at the back gate check out their car counts for the support classes no surprises to the support classes either and no surprises at the front gate either which means happy people

Quote Originally Posted by FASTRAKPR View Post
    You know I find this really weird honestly. This was openly discussed in the meetings in KY and not one complaint. Did you also tell everyone it was $400 to start? Need to tell both sides of the story to get to the bottom line here.

If the teams don't want to run transponders that suits the hell out of us. One less person we would have to bring and $15,000 system we wouldn't have to purchase.

We are simply trying to do what the teams asked. If that has changed might be good if someone lets us know rather than complaining on a message board. I don't remember a message board ever resolving a problem in racing, but I do remember it starting a few.
    i have to agree with fastrack , that 400 to start changes every thing, and I would bet , if you gather every driver that shows up and let them decide, pay 105.00 entry fee and 400.00 to start or no entry fee and 100.00 to start, they will choose the 400.00 to start every time.

even NASCAR Sprint Cup with it's $4 BILLION TV deal charges and entry fee.

http://autoweek.com/article/nascar-s...bly-didnt-know

Teams pay a $4,300 “entry and inspection fee” to have their primary car approved for competition during a NASCAR weekend. If an inspected/approved car is wrecked beyond repair, the team must pay another $4,300 to have the backup car inspected and approved for competition. A “post-entry” fee of $5,675 applies if a team files an entry less than two weeks before the race date

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/nascar-s...#ixzz45EuJDZcr

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    i have to agree with fastrack , that 400 to start changes every thing, and I would bet , if you gather every driver that shows up and let them decide, pay 105.00 entry fee and 400.00 to start or no entry fee and 100.00 to start, they will choose the 400.00 to start every time.
    Yeah -- I don't think any of it is much of a surprise to anyone. Everyone is always just looking for something to b!tch about.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Yeah -- I don't think any of it is much of a surprise to anyone. Everyone is always just looking for something to b!tch about.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    You are correct sir. It's the American way, b!tch and put your hand out

$100 entry fee is pretty standard for regional shows. No matter if it's 3k or 10k to win.
    Sadly, that is true. And that doesn't count the pit pass.

It kind of amazes me how many people here who supposedly love racing don't understand the business of it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

You mean fans and promoters don't owe it to drivers to pay more to guarantee that all race teams are profitable? In spite of how well they prepare or how well they run? Oh, and we should raise admission prices enough to guarantee everyone gets a trophy while we're at it. Seriously, fans appreciate race teams putting on a show but none of us are entitled to anything that isn't earned. Change sanction fees or admission prices as you see fit, the response will tell you real quick whether the product on the track is worth the cost to fans, racers, tracks, and sanctioning bodies, simple enough. Or check out the new Bernie Sanders Raceway where everyone gets freebies and goes broke in two weeks.

Lol I think the Bernie Sanders reference is funny.

"You have two late models and I have none, so vote for Bernie and we'll each have one.

As said earlier, NASCAR has entry fees. So does IRL. The NFL, NBA NHL and MLB all have franchise fees to belong as well as the minor leagues.
    Local softball leagues and tournaments, basketball, youth baseball, soccer, hockey or just about any other sport has entry fees to compete. Bass fishing tournaments even have entry fees.
    If you play in a local bars dart or pool league there are signup and weekly fees you pay.
    The comment about the Undertaker not paying to be at Wrestlemaina is true. Only problem with that is he is a performer in sports entertainment. He is not competing in a sport. Wrestlers starting out, just like actors, often pay to attend a school then perform in matches or shows for pay.
    My last comment is that most of the complaining about this and other money issues such as payout and cost, are fans. The car owners know the cost and rules going in. if they don’t like the entry fees or rules, they will race somewhere else.

The Undertaker references are pretty funny to me. Folks don't realize that professional wrestlers, even those employed by the billion dollar corporate juggernaut that is the WWE, are largely on the hook for their own travel expenses. The WWE will pay for the flight from home to the first city on the tour, and a flight back home from the last city on a tour, but the rental car and hotel rooms in between the two points are paid for by the performers.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    It kind of amazes me how many people here who supposedly love racing don't understand the business of it.
    People in this neck of the woods are not used to those kinds of entry fees for those kinds of purses. We see that as stuff southerners deal with.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

The Undertaker references are pretty funny to me. Folks don't realize that professional wrestlers, even those employed by the billion dollar corporate juggernaut that is the WWE, are largely on the hook for their own travel expenses. The WWE will pay for the flight from home to the first city on the tour, and a flight back home from the last city on a tour, but the rental car and hotel rooms in between the two points are paid for by the performers.
    No one is asking for fuel money for the toter.

The front gate paid the purses back in the day before the economic model fell apart.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    People in this neck of the woods are not used to those kinds of entry fees for those kinds of purses. We see that as stuff southerners deal with.
    The business has changed. You, of all people, should understand that.

No one is asking for fuel money for the toter.

The front gate paid the purses back in the day before the economic model fell apart.
    The claim is that wrestlers don't have to pay to perform, yet in a way, they do. They're also on the hook for their own ring attire.

They've been paying entry fees out here in the midwest since the Busch All Star days. And probably further back than that. $100 for MLRA or Mars type show has been going on for probably a decade, if not longer.

Never said any track does it cheaper. Never said any track does it better.

All i said was tracks in my area charge that for a regular show. Litey made it sound like its the greatest place in the world. Yes, the tracks Im speaking of do raise the gate prices on specials. These tracks also don't make really any money on a weekly show. I guess what I'm asking in the end is that does Oakshade really make that much on a weekly show that it doesn't need to inflate the prices to cover there cost of bringing in a regional show. Bringing in even a small show like that is no small potatoes.

If they do.... Then great. They are the extreme exception to the rule. Props to them.
    Reckon you'll just have to come to nw Ohio for summer nats and see. Friday 5k Saturday 10k. Alms shows oldfeild show, all paying more to win with no increase. We have other tracks like Fremont and Attica that raise prices for specials but sprints pay more. All 3 tracks packed with cars and fans every week. Maybe not packed but doin well in stands

Oh yea. Entry fees aren't to common round here. Sanction fee yes but entry NO

The claim is that wrestlers don't have to pay to perform, yet in a way, they do. They're also on the hook for their own ring attire.
    The ones with no fireworks when they come out means they put up no money too do them... LOL

Some V.I.said that the nascar folks pay a entry fee of $4300.00 to $5675.00 depending of the circumstances.

WOW! Ill do that all day long,if I was afforded the payout that nascar has.In a recent cup race Jimmy Johnson won and his share was $262,111.00,and the person who ended up last was Ryan Newman,and he collected $110,718.00.
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net