Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Every regional series we run with has an entry fee. Been doing it for a long time too. Pretty much normal for 6 different regional series I can think of off the top of my head. Not saying it's right or wrong but if you don't pay, you won't play.

Why even bring in a small regional series all it does is pad their pockets,doesnt do anything for the racers,Florence has had 2 $5000 to win races and a $3000 to win race with no sanctioning and no entry fee to be pocketed by someone who just rolls in,kind of like the Cartel knocking on a businesses door to get paid for letting you make money,racing is expensive enough for local and regional guys without giving another 105.00 to someone

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    sorry the fans pay the purse and should ,there are tracks that don't change their admission or pit pass fee for any show try that one on for size pay attention no entry fee no higher pit pass and no higher on admission prices
    I see a lot of regional shows on the schedule. I bet the series collects entry fees on those... which doesn't get passed on to the track.

Infact those prices are right in line with tracks in my area. Gasp..... Who knew???? Actually a regular show at Oakshade is $2 higher.

Try again Litey.
    Last edited by huskerdirt; 04-07-2016 at 11:53 PM.

http://brushcreekmotorsports.com/?page_id=2935

They charge $15 for a regular show????? Of course they can get by without having prices increased for a regional show. They are ripping people off on the weekly show.
    Last edited by huskerdirt; 04-07-2016 at 11:46 PM.

Don't hold me to this but I am pretty sure that some of the entry fee is for the series point fund. Part of it I am sure will go to paying the series workers too. All of these series bring a half dozen or more people. They each have a different but important job to do. They are just as professional as Lucas or WoO in the way each series are run too. We make our entry fees and car registration with them. We pill draw from them. We have drivers meeting with them. Our line ups come from them. If we have issues, we go to them. We get paid by them. NONE of this comes from the track. I don't see what the issue is. I wouldn't do ANY of what these series people do for free. I don't work for free and I would be willing to bet NONE of ya'll do either.

Racing isn't cheap and the entry fees are factored in with all the rest of the overhead we have. Like I said, I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but if you want to race with ANY regional series around here you are going to pay it. If not, you can go race at a few local tracks for $800 to $1000 and not travel any.

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    Don't hold me to this but I am pretty sure that some of the entry fee is for the series point fund. Part of it I am sure will go to paying the series workers too. All of these series bring a half dozen or more people. They each have a different but important job to do. They are just as professional as Lucas or WoO in the way each series are run too. We make our entry fees and car registration with them. We pill draw from them. We have drivers meeting with them. Our line ups come from them. If we have issues, we go to them. We get paid by them. NONE of this comes from the track. I don't see what the issue is. I wouldn't do ANY of what these series people do for free. I don't work for free and I would be willing to bet NONE of ya'll do either.

Racing isn't cheap and the entry fees are factored in with all the rest of the overhead we have. Like I said, I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but if you want to race with ANY regional series around here you are going to pay it. If not, you can go race at a few local tracks for $800 to $1000 and not travel any.
    That's my understanding too. This is why you are seeing more races get called a few days earlier. And it's a multi swing.... The whole thing gets called off. They still have to pay those people.

They get to a track. The event rains out. That means the series/sanction doesn't get the entry fee or sanction fee. So they are out that money.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    They charge $15 for a regular show????? Of course they can get by without having prices increased for a regional show. They are ripping people off on the weekly show.
    NO Their not.
    Been to Oakshade plenty of times to know.
    27-30+ UMP Late Models, about 25-30 UMP Sportsman, 40+ Bombers, & about 20+ 4 Cylinder for a weekly show.
    How exactly are they ripping the fans off.
    50 Cent pop, huge tub of popcorn for $1.00, ect.
    Their hole concession stand is very cheep.
    Oakshade is some of the best racing anywhere. $20.00 Pit Pass. $12.00 Grandstands.
    Been to a lot of dirt tracks and Oakshade may very well be one of the best kept secrets in dirt racing.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 5 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    NO Their not.
    Been to Oakshade plenty of times to know.
    27-30+ UMP Late Models, about 25-30 UMP Sportsman, 40+ Bombers, & about 20+ 4 Cylinder for a weekly show.
    How exactly are they ripping the fans off.
    50 Cent pop, huge tub of popcorn for $1.00, ect.
    Their hole concession stand is very cheep.
    Oakshade is some of the best racing anywhere. $20.00 Pit Pass. $12.00 Grandstands.
    Been to a lot of dirt tracks and Oakshade may very well be one of the best kept secrets in dirt racing.
    Meant to quote the brushcreek link.

Carry on.....

Meant to quote the brushcreek link.

Carry on.....
    Gotch ya. thought you where talking about Oakshade.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 5 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Gotch ya. thought you where talking about Oakshade.
    No harm, No foul.

I see a lot of regional shows on the schedule. I bet the series collects entry fees on those... which doesn't get passed on to the track.Infact those prices are right in line with tracks in my area. Gasp..... Who knew???? Actually a regular show at Oakshade is $2 higher.Try again Litey.
    Oakshade cost $12 at the gate and $20 for pits for a $10,000 to win summer nationals race. Where is this track you speak of that dose it cheaper?
    Go Buckeyes!!!

parking and seating will both be issues at moler, but the racing should be good.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    Oakshade cost $12 at the gate and $20 for pits for a $10,000 to win summer nationals race. Where is this track you speak of that dose it cheaper?
    Never said any track does it cheaper. Never said any track does it better.

All i said was tracks in my area charge that for a regular show. Litey made it sound like its the greatest place in the world. Yes, the tracks Im speaking of do raise the gate prices on specials. These tracks also don't make really any money on a weekly show. I guess what I'm asking in the end is that does Oakshade really make that much on a weekly show that it doesn't need to inflate the prices to cover there cost of bringing in a regional show. Bringing in even a small show like that is no small potatoes.

If they do.... Then great. They are the extreme exception to the rule. Props to them.

Here's the bottom line! Why do the spectators come to the races?The answer is to see good competitive racing.Now I ask you,what does it take to put on the racing event? Answer is good facilities a racing surface,and the race cars.

Now,without the car owners,and drivers going to compete in these event's,the track owner,and or promoter have nothing but a dirt farm.(EXAMPLE)could you see big Ben of the Pittsburgh Stealers paying his way into the game?This could be far fetched,but the point is this,the racer and car owner ARE paying to put on a show for the fans.
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

Last year I saw conleys pack up n leave because moler wasnt going to qualify .... I got upset when i thought I wasnt going to get to use my rain check stub .... Now everyones posting what if's .... I liked the buckeye series last years because it brought in the fast guys .... The races I made last year of the buckeye series were all good racing .... Im not a fan of the front wheel drive cars at the local events .... Yes ...I would rather pay more to see a higher level of racing .... I like what the buckeye series did for lacal racing here last year .... I would like to hear the facts about who makes what so the money is spread around ..... Good topic if the facts come to the top ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

I see a lot of regional shows on the schedule. I bet the series collects entry fees on those... which doesn't get passed on to the track.Infact those prices are right in line with tracks in my area. Gasp..... Who knew???? Actually a regular show at Oakshade is $2 higher.Try again Litey.
    sorry they do not its part of UMP yes ALMS is UMP

Quote Originally Posted by lazermod3 View Post
    $105.00 entry fee for the BOB series race,paying $3000.00 to win at Moler Speedway 04/15/16,plus you must rent a transponder. WOW! The entry fee is way out of line.
    You know I find this really weird honestly. This was openly discussed in the meetings in KY and not one complaint. Did you also tell everyone it was $400 to start? Need to tell both sides of the story to get to the bottom line here.

If the teams don't want to run transponders that suits the hell out of us. One less person we would have to bring and $15,000 system we wouldn't have to purchase.

We are simply trying to do what the teams asked. If that has changed might be good if someone lets us know rather than complaining on a message board. I don't remember a message board ever resolving a problem in racing, but I do remember it starting a few.
    Last edited by FASTRAKPR; 04-08-2016 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lazermod3 View Post
    Here's the bottom line! Why do the spectators come to the races?The answer is to see good competitive racing.Now I ask you,what does it take to put on the racing event? Answer is good facilities a racing surface,and the race cars.

Now,without the car owners,and drivers going to compete in these event's,the track owner,and or promoter have nothing but a dirt farm.(EXAMPLE)could you see big Ben of the Pittsburgh Stealers paying his way into the game?This could be far fetched,but the point is this,the racer and car owner ARE paying to put on a show for the fans.
    All correct.

However, right now for a good regional show fans are paying what? $20? Maybe $25? Try bumping that up to $35 and see how many of those fans decide to go to the track with the local (not more expensive) show or even to the movies or to a minor league baseball game instead. Now the track/tour loses 25% of the fans -- but they can't operate in the red and they certainly can't charge the drivers any money. They have to increase the ticket price again -- to $40. Another 10% of the fans leave... so on and so on until racing does not exist anymore. The current system works, as is evident by thousands of races that take place each year. This BoB race will have a full field of cars despite the entry fees and everyone will move on to the next race.

Thanks,
    Jeff.