Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    People get screwed every day somewhere on concession food prices because they know you will pay the big price, regardless of how much complaining you might do. You can do something about it by eating before you get there and by stuffing something in your pockets, beforehand, to get you through the event.
    In theory, you should offer your patrons good food at reasonable prices as a "reward" for paying to attend your entertainment event; not trying to "strip their threads" by gouging.
    And always serve bright leaf hot dogs...........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I personally don't see this as a big deal. Go to a event, be it a concert, a sporting event, Movie, anything. Concessions are high period. No difference with WOO or Lucas. Some tracks are cheaper than others. Oh World finals are Dirt track are high. You are allowed to take food and even beer (Can) into track. Now I will say this, as World finals continue, I have noticed, Hotel prices around area have seemed to increase their prices. Which is ok, I just travel a little further up or down to find reasonable priced room.

I see Paul McCarthy tickets at Bush Stadium are as high as $2100.00 for front row and meet and greet. I didn't care for him in his heyday. So I won't be going

Went to the NHRA drags in Phoenix a few weeks back. Went because a friend from Peoria, IL was racing there in one of the sportsman classes. A Saturday (not Sunday finals) reserved seat was $50, parking (and not that close) was $20, a cheeseburger was $12, a water was $4. People lined up 10 deep to get food. Insane. Made me appreciate our midwest dirt tracks all the more.

The bottom line is, they can charge what ever they want. The quality and affordability reflects on the track. If the fan leaves with a bad taste in his mouth, he may not be back. When your selling a entertainment experience, one of those people you lose will be the one that puts you out of business. Everyone of them is of the same worth, if they don't return. You don't have to have bargain basement prices, but you need them to feel like they got their moneys worth.

That's just not very nice to charge $6.00 for a cheeseburger. Have they no shame?

Maybe people need to start hiding in car trunks!!! Payback!!

some people don't think it was cold last weekend , heavy coats big pockets works wonders

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    That's just not very nice to charge $6.00 for a cheeseburger. Have they no shame?

Maybe people need to start hiding in car trunks!!! Payback!!
    Start?........when did they stop?

I prefer the ole parking lot fish fry, burgers, or bbq whilst listening to hot laps then walking into the track. It is a lot more fun when you have friends though lol

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    I prefer the ole parking lot fish fry, burgers, or bbq whilst listening to hot laps then walking into the track. It is a lot more fun when you have friends though lol
    This is exactly what I do when I go to Knoxville. Take my little propane grill and have a great meal before going in. It sucks alone but I've done that too!

I do always get a plate of their super nachos with meat since I can't pass that up!

All this complaining about concession prices has me wondering if any of the complainers have ever been in the food business, there's a lot more cost than one thinks there is from the outside looking in. Don't get me wrong, if they want $10 for a burger it better be dang good!

I've only been to the Knoxville LM Nat's once, but the Sprint Car Nats about 10 times. I have to hit the tenderloin tent there by the railroad tracks at least once during the trip! Usually there are some tents set up outside of the stands that may sell BBQ or something for raising money, don't mind helping that cause.

Part of the problem dirt oval has is being a family sport .... My wife doesnt mind paying 8 bucks for a beer at a NFL football game .... To fill the stands with family's IMO you need clean RR's ..... I saw how the track in flordia catered to family & had clean RR's ..... They even had a enlosed beer booth tent at speedweeks for cold weather ..... Tracks around here could learn alot by following what they do down south ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Bingo.........