Donnie Wilson and the Southern Super Series dominated a clash with the ARCA/CRA Super Series at the Fairgrounds Speedway in Nashville, Tennessee on Saturday night.

Steve Wallace led early after starting on the pole, but was shadowed lap after lap by Wilson. After a hard battle, Wilson made the pass into turn one to take the lead on the 15th lap and pulled away.

Despite heavy traffic, Wilson was able to maintain his lead and bring his Wilson Ford Parts super late model to victory lane at the legendary Fairgrounds Speedway.

Wilson’s biggest concern was not pushing the issue with Wallace, saying, “I was a little bit better than [Steve] was off the corners, and I just needed the right opportunity to get the run on him, and then I just needed to pace myself, do what I felt comfortable with.”

Steve Wallace was left in awe by Wilson’s performance, saying “We got beat last night, we worked on it, massaged on it, we felt we got it better, and it was better. But the two-car was just that much better than we were. He’s in a zip code of his own. I don’t know what to tell you but we got our asses whooped and ended up second.”

The North/South Super Late Model Challenge featured 31 cars from the ARCA/CRA Super Series and Southern Super Series battling in a 75-lap feature. The field had been set by two races on Friday night, one for each of the featured touring divisions.

SRL Winter Showdown winner Bubba Pollard finished third following last-minute adjustments made just before the race. Last night’s ARCA/CRA Super Series feature winner Dalton Armstrong finished fourth, and William Byron finished fifth.

Stay tuned to Speed51.com powered by JEGS and the Speed51 Network for highlights from the race, plus exclusive in-car cameras from Christopher Bell, Kenzie Ruston, and Cody Coughlin. A replay of the pay-per-view is also available for purchase.

-By Patrick Hahe, speed51.com