Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Richmond BOB race

I have never been to Richmond despite only living an hour away. Can anyone tell me anything about the place? Also any names of who might be there Saturday I have seen Dustin linville and Scott James.

Richmond is a tight little track. Depending on track prep determines how racy the track can be (as with any other dirt track). Went to the "butterball" last year and watched the lead change 4 times in 3 laps amongst 3 different drivers. Best chili dog sauce in the country IMO. restrooms are circa 1970 so no updates there. I like Richmond more now than in the past. The Yantz's have done an awesome job with this track. Also have read Eddie Carrier jr. will be there along with Justin Rattliff ,and Michael Chilton that's all I have read so far. If you go hope to see you there as me and my wife Tina will be there. So my friend enjoy eating some dirt and have fun we sure will.

Quote Originally Posted by joebutta5 View Post
    Richmond is a tight little track. Depending on track prep determines how racy the track can be (as with any other dirt track). Went to the "butterball" last year and watched the lead change 4 times in 3 laps amongst 3 different drivers. Best chili dog sauce in the country IMO. restrooms are circa 1970 so no updates there. I like Richmond more now than in the past. The Yantz's have done an awesome job with this track. Also have read Eddie Carrier jr. will be there along with Justin Rattliff ,and Michael Chilton that's all I have read so far. If you go hope to see you there as me and my wife Tina will be there. So my friend enjoy eating some dirt and have fun we sure will.
    You had me at " best chili dog sauce in America".......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

If u do go and are sitting in the GA, make sure u get there early cuz they have decently small seating area. Im really looking forward to this one

Heres an opinion about richmond if you like train race around the bottom of the track about 30 mph in turns 1 and 2 most of the cars that show wont finish cause its always like a demolition derby just trying to make a pass we live 40 minutes away and will skip it but will be driving 2 1/2 hrs. To watch same series for lower paying feature just because the racing at moler is better

Where you going Saturday Bleedsbluer

Also they announced at Smoky Mountain that Jeremy Hines is going to try to follow the Ultimate BoB so I can expect him to be there as well. I would say around 20-25 cars is what i expect in car count

Quote Originally Posted by luv racin View Post
    Where you going Saturday Bleedsbluer
    Guessing NOT Richmond.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I went to Richmond 2 years ago for a 3500 to win race. It was so so. The track isn't very wide in spots, and has kind of an odd layout. Victor Lee started on the pole and won. They started 24 cars and about 8 finished. A big pile up on the back stretch took put a majority of the cars, and what ones made it though even had some damage. Chilton went in through the window of Aaron Hatton I think was, and tried to get a piece of him for causing the tangle.

IF prepped right, it could be a racy place. I will say I didn't want to travel back down there anytime soon after being there that night. I'm always up for giving places a second chance, I would probably go again now that I haven't been since to see of things have changed any.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 04-13-2016 at 07:43 AM.

I went there quite a bit last year. It has different dirt on it now. It was supposed to be wider, but I am not sure I noticed a real difference?

It is certainly a bottom-dominant track because the banking isn't progressive and kinda flattens off at the wall actually. But, fast cars can go up there and pass.

If it keeps some bite, the racing isn't bad.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

P us sy move going through the window while the guy is strapped in the car..........man up and at least wait until he gets out so he can defend himself, and then whip his a ss.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Anybody know if Marlar might show Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by luv racin View Post
    Anybody know if Marlar might show Saturday?
    As of last weekend, they were planning on going to Batesville.

Before the Yantz family got involved the track prep was pretty crappy at best. From time to time you would see a decent race, but for the most part it was follow the leader/demo derby. But I will have to say after the new dirt last year it became a lot racier. I was pretty impressed with just how much better the racing action was after the dirt was put down. Keep in mind it is a very small track so passing isn't the easiest thing to accomplish. The Yantz family does about as good of track prep as anyone in the KY area imo. When the had Ponderosa it was always watered and rolled in very smoothly.

Saw where Marlar went to the Spring Thaw in Bulls Gap. Sure wish we could have seen him up here but oh well. I say they will get somewhere around 20 cars for this one

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    P us sy move going through the window while the guy is strapped in the car..........man up and at least wait until he gets out so he can defend himself, and then whip his a ss.
    Watcha talking about BBQ?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

holy crap that's a tight track lmao

Ratliff wins, hines second, scott james , third, greg Johnson fourth, Johnson spun went to rear and charged back to fourth, pretty awesome

Quote Originally Posted by pickersparadise View Post
    Ratliff wins, hines second, scott james , third, greg Johnson fourth, Johnson spun went to rear and charged back to fourth, pretty awesome
    Who was the drivers he passed from the rear just wondering on quality of cars 2nd question why wasnt he at moler he's great at both tracks

they were some junk there, but they were some good cars too, Jameson, Linville, etc, Its hard to pass junk at Richmond, Couldn't go to moler, almost didn't get to come to richmond