Default Prairie Dirt help.....

4 of us were planning our 2nd trip to the Silver Dollar Nationals in July. Just got off the phone with the campground and already on a waiting list. So, we're tossing around some other ideas. Prairie Dirt got brought up. So I'm asking for any help/info for this race ... Camping spots, hotels (prefer to camp lol) and tickets/seating. Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you !

Reserved camping n seating went on sale April 16. They have limited camping for campers, assume it's first come first serve. Have never camped there I'm only an hour away. Reserved seating on back stretch goes fast, ur right on top of track. Supposedly new grandstands being erected, unlike most tracks it's right in the middle of town.For hotels I'd say bloomington or champaign might b ur best bet. I'm not to familiar with that area, but there is not alot in the general vicinity. Get there early if u motel it fills up early.

Remaining reserved seats/camping sites go on sale to public on April 16th. Check out www.fairburyspeedwaytickets.com.
    Track just completed brand new aluminum bleacher project east of covered grandstand. This added about 400 extra seats over what was there in the past. Moved a section of the old bleachers to a new viewing area in the pits. All new boards, 300 seats, awesome view, pit pass needed.
    Covered grandstand is general admission/no reserved seats.
    Hampton Inn in Bloomington(40ish miles) is the host hotel and a sponsor of FALS. Numerous hotels in Pontiac(15ish miles) and one in Chenoa(10ish miles).
    There are camping spots close to track, but those are first come first serve.
    Last edited by CMatich; 04-13-2016 at 04:45 PM.

There will be overflow camping outside the gates also, typically some room to get in unless you come Friday night. Heck I even think they are camping on the baseball field now. I believe everything inside the gates has already been renewed or reserved. Outstanding races if you can make it - absolutely killed it the last three years with an incredible group of cars/drivers and passing right down to the end of the 100 laps.

They have an over flow across the street at the school. Still only takes 3 minutes to walk inside gate. Backstretch is the only place to sit!

You would assume all camping in gate is full but if some didn't renew they go on sale tomorrow. Same as reserved seats. If you tent camp their is a section in the back inside gate area for that buy you must get their early to get a spot. Otherwise you can tent camp across the street but they do not allow bonfires.

There is a campground about a mile away from I-80 just down the road from S&S Welding right off the interstate.

I do not recommend the private campground by I 80 speedway. A lot of people have had a bad experience with the owners, including me.

Oh okay sorry. I didn't realize that there had been problems there before. Only other place I can think of is Mahoney State Park which is the next exit to the east and what I hear is that it's a wonderful place.