Default Pennsboro speedway GoFundMe

The board of directors of the Ritchie County Fairgrounds and Pennsboro speedway are asking for all our racing friends if you would share to your friends that we have a GoFundMe account set up on facebook to aide us in the rebuilding of the Pennsboro speedway.We are getting more folks on board with us and we are so thankful. There are some good things looking forward for the speedway but we are asking for more finical help to move us along at a faster pace. We have people donating materials, equipment, time and labor and we are asking for our racing friends to give us a little extra support. We are building a whole new facility and we want to make it the best we can for drivers and fans. This is a huge task and we new that from the start but we are in in to stay until the speedway is race ready. Just a little donation from each of the folks who care about all our hard work would be so kind and I promise will make a huge difference in going forward with our plans for the speedway. Thank you for any help in any way!!!!

Is there a link?

I really hate to be negative, (but this so called racetrack) is where it belongs dead and buried. Track was terrible, stands were terrible, entire facility was a s**t hole. You will never get todays fane to return!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Is there a link?
    I'm searching the Go Fund Me website for their page if it is up yet. I haven't seen anything resembling the track or the fairgrounds so far.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    I'm searching the Go Fund Me website for their page if it is up yet. I haven't seen anything resembling the track or the fairgrounds so far.
    Our GoFundMe site is only set up on facebook. Thanks for your interest.

If you need the fans to pay for it you should leave it closed. I bet you wont be letting them in for free.

Ridiculous. If it is so great why does the fans need to fund it? And if they did who reeps the benefits if it would get back to the glory days? Sounds like someone wanting someone else to pay for the refurbishing and then make the profit... Let Pennsboro be remembered with people thinking it was good (which it wasn't). The only good race that place ever had was the first DTWC that Jim Dunn came from the back and won because it had rained. The snow job calcium races that came later were one lane yawners. Let Pennsboro rest in peace and be remember as part of dirt late model history and not a failed attempt to restart something that doesn't have a chance today. Short of a muti - million restoration it is a pipe dream.
    Last edited by onlyfacts; 04-16-2016 at 11:18 PM.

For the sake of this thread, here is the GoFundMe link.

https://www.gofundme.com/2jyydm7n

As for easily finding the Facebook page, it wasn't. I'm assuming this is the 'official' page.

https://www.facebook.com/RitchieFair...edway/?fref=nf

Some of these opinions, well, they aren't wrong but this community will raise money for drivers to attend a 50K-to-win race so the Pennsboro project can't really be considered outlandish or bizarre.
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

Don't bash them for trying to rebuild the track. If you don't want to donate then you don't have too. They have done a huge amount of work down there over the past year. If it reopens or not who knows but why make it harder on them with childish bashing. I have no affiliation nor am iI donating, but why try to bring down those who are. Punks like you all are what's wrong with this country. Plain and simple.

Punks???? The state of WV owes you a refund for your education.
    Quote Originally Posted by WVRACEFAN View Post
    Don't bash them for trying to rebuild the track. If you don't want to donate then you don't have too. They have done a huge amount of work down there over the past year. If it reopens or not who knows but why make it harder on them with childish bashing. I have no affiliation nor am iI donating, but why try to bring down those who are. Punks like you all are what's wrong with this country. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRACEFAN View Post
    Sorry to strike a nerve. But I think everything I stated is correct..> Why would I bring those down that are donating?< Not trying to bring anyone down. >Punks like me?< Really? That's what's wrong with this country? I thought this was America I have a right to my opinion... You must be a Trump supporter, sounds like something he would say. How much could be donated? Not nearly enough to basically build a new facility. I am entitled to my opinion same as you or those donating. I want to remember Pennsboro the way it was. But hey if they can raise few million to do it then more power to them. Maybe Trump could help raise some cash for it.
    Last edited by onlyfacts; 04-16-2016 at 11:34 PM.