Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Seen on a karting page he has passed.. RIP Don't wanna see the video myself neither..

WHEELERSBURG, Ohio (WSAZ) -- A race car driver who was in a fiery crash last weekend has passed away from his injuries.

According to Southern Ohio Speedway's Facebook page, Charlie Floyd passed away Tuesday.

Floyd, who was 26 and the driver of the 99F late model style car, crashed Friday night at Southern.

His car caught fire and he was severely burned.

[img]http://media.graytvinc.com/images/690*388/CHARLIE+FLOYD+MUG+WSAZ.jpg[/img]

Sorry news. thoughts and prayers to the entire family and friends.

I would like to see the tracks perform a drill maybe once or a few times a week to sharpen their reflexes and skills

At least make sure the foam calves are working... Hard to believe something like this would happen

A track closer to us (Twin Cities Raceway Park) has closed indefinitely due to "safety issues". It isn't explicitly stated but I would guess this incident has something to do with it. They always have an ambulance on staff but I don't think I've ever seen a trained fire crew there. I'm sure that isn't as simple as calling the local fire department and asking for it. I'm sure there is a substantial fee but every track needs to be prepared to pay it and the insurance companies shouldn't cover them if they aren't taking this measure. In the end, as with most disasters in our sport, hopefully something positive will come from this horrible loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    A track closer to us (Twin Cities Raceway Park) has closed indefinitely due to "safety issues". It isn't explicitly stated but I would guess this incident has something to do with it. They always have an ambulance on staff but I don't think I've ever seen a trained fire crew there. I'm sure that isn't as simple as calling the local fire department and asking for it. I'm sure there is a substantial fee but every track needs to be prepared to pay it and the insurance companies shouldn't cover them if they aren't taking this measure. In the end, as with most disasters in our sport, hopefully something positive will come from this horrible loss.
    Good for them if thats the case. Drivers keep the tracks in business. the track should keep the driver in business likewise