Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: route 45

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    Yeah having pump gas be illegal gas
    the valve springs illegal as well. I know thats tough for you to fathom, because you know you being a big time UMP guy they would not even bother to pull the valve covers to look much less the hood.

the valve springs maybe yep lets run crappy valve springs with high priced racing gas yeah that will save the racer money if you think he because of those issues I got a bridge to sell you

from and old krusty racer where are the B mod guys supposed to buy fuel?? I thought the idea of running a crate motor was to lower the overall cost by having a motor that would perform well on pump gas.. I run a mix of racing gas and 93 BP gas .. where can LEGAL pump gas be had??

I know a guy that ran the crate late model and ran pump gas every week.

exactly but not with usra they want you to run race gas how is that saving the lil guy money the I was told from another of b mod guys that why they run the crate engine easier on the pocket book
    Last edited by old fan; 04-18-2016 at 08:15 PM.

the valve springs maybe yep lets run crappy valve springs with high priced racing gas yeah that will save the racer money if you think he because of those issues I got a bridge to sell you
    Not taking anything away from Eilers knowledge or talent, but....

With that being said, a racer with his experience knows the rules. Like you said yourself Fred, he is just to good not to know the rules. He was caught with illegal lower A-arms at a big show last fall, and now he was caught with illegal valve springs in a crate motor. Anyone with any experience with crates knows that stronger valve springs will give you a performance advantage.

Most all racers play dumb when they get caught....

exactly but not with usra they want you to run race gas how is that saving the lil guy money the I was told from another of b mod guys that why they run the crate engine easier on the pocket book
    rules are rules, I realize in UMP, rules are just suggestions but that is not the case with other sanctions. You can cry about it after the fact but that dont change the rules. If the rule says you must run cooking oil then get to IGA and run it. The rules were known well before the event and YES illegal valve springs will indeed help a crate.

really I saw tech guys by the scales Friday night and every night sportsman and b mods get torn , sure it valve spring will help a great but shouldn't an open motor be a lot more stronger if you think the valve spring made the winner win by that much got a a bridge to sell you those guys all three guys are that good and come prepared I've seen those guys win with a crate motor in sportsman running against 400 s with 4 barrel and they were running with a 2 barrel nd boy usra is for the lil guy gotta run Sunoco gas you can't run 93 octanr oh he11 no even though that's what the motor requires

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    Not taking anything away from Eilers knowledge or talent, but....With that being said, a racer with his experience knows the rules. Like you said yourself Fred, he is just to good not to know the rules. He was caught with illegal lower A-arms at a big show last fall, and now he was caught with illegal valve springs in a crate motor. Anyone with any experience with crates knows that stronger valve springs will give you a performance advantage. Most all racers play dumb when they get caught....
    but a half track advantage running against open motors

3 rules that should count the most safety safety safety

really I saw tech guys by the scales Friday night and every night sportsman and b mods get torn , sure it valve spring will help a great but shouldn't an open motor be a lot more stronger if you think the valve spring made the winner win by that much got a a bridge to sell you those guys all three guys are that good and come prepared I've seen those guys win with a crate motor in sportsman running against 400 s with 4 barrel and they were running with a 2 barrel nd boy usra is for the lil guy gotta run Sunoco gas you can't run 93 octanr oh he11 no even though that's what the motor requires
    we can type forever about the rule....but USRA makes them and they are enforcing them. If you dont agree with there rules then call them and come complain. i never said valve springs made the winner and that is not the point here. The point is the rules were broken and thats all.

you dont run usra or ump. Its funny that you are on here crying about usra rules and yet no one ever sees you on here crying about UMP rules.

Why are you so worried about usra rules, are you planning on running a bmod this year with usra ???

He doesn't race anything! He just likes to complain. He is Dirt Hound/Lite Inn.Some people just like to complain. Especially when it comes to their favorite driver.

why run a track that will fail if they only got 18 cars for 5k and what re going to do with 2 more running this weekend paying extra money also , the main thing that any sanction should worry about every weekend is safety safety safety he wasn't really illegal just ran at the wrong sanction and you don't they enforece them you dead wrong how do I know because a night I am standing right next to the tech guy can you say that and those rules they have are bogus esp the the fuel rule it should be pump gas and pump gas only

UMP must be doing something right they had 2 consis sat an hour away from route 45 and not near the purse lmao and don't me they don't ttech I have stood their night after night when they ARE teching same guy yeah because he wins a lot but geuss what yep he comes up legal
    Last edited by old fan; 04-21-2016 at 07:13 AM.

See the modified section hasn't changed. Where's Litey's twin, $UMP$?

No one running well is legal pretty much in any division, but if you get caught, then accept it and move on. Just my two cents.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

UMP must be doing something right they had 2 consis sat an hour away from route 45 and not near the purse lmao and don't me they don't ttech I have stood their night after night when they ARE teching same guy yeah because he wins a lot but geuss what yep he comes up legal
    Now that's about laughable. First off Tri-City was already getting good car counts so, let's give some credit where credit is due and that's the Gundakers and not UMP. Now as far as teching was that being done by the track officials or was it done by UMP?

How many times have you seen a track have a big purse but low car counts. I've seen it many times. Just because you have a big purse does not always equate to big car counts.

KIDROCK, I think you may be confused about OLD FANS post about car count an hour away. I don't believe he was referring to Tri-City, which runs on Friday nights. I believe OLD FAN was referring to Fayette County which ran the very same night; they ran Two Consi's and Started 20 cars in the B-MOD Feature. This was just a Regular Weekly show - NO SPECIAL.

There is likely a number of reasons why the Route 45 Deal didn't go over well. One item that has NOT been talked about on this thread is the fact that they charged a $150 Entry Fee ($200 if after April 1st) for this event. Also, I have not seen or heard what the pay-down was after the 1st Place Prize of $5,000. If the pay-down is low compared to the Winners Purse, many will not take a chance with such a steep Entry Fee. Also, the DEALBREAKER was a two night show (Three nights if you came to practice on Thursday). That fact alone can be limiting to many Drivers/Teams.

Assuming those that showed for both nights; paid the Entry Fee, Pit passes, Racing Fuel, Transport Fuel, Tires, Food, and whatever lodging, one can only assume that just going to this event would cost a Driver around $500 to attend. (This is of course assuming that everyone who was there on Saturday night was there on Friday since the Heat Races were ran on Friday) I hear a lot chatter about racers working on week to week budget. I know that is the case for the majority no matter what Class they are running. Spending that much of your racing budget to one weekend is a heck of a commitment for most B-Mod Teams . Some guys would have to take a couple of weeks off to recover financially after putting out the smack for such an event. Hopefully Route 45 will have some future Specials that are a little easier for the Drivers/Teams to participate in.

It WAS a special. It was $1000 to win.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtDirtCrazy View Post
    KIDROCK, I think you may be confused about OLD FANS post about car count an hour away. I don't believe he was referring to Tri-City, which runs on Friday nights. I believe OLD FAN was referring to Fayette County which ran the very same night; they ran Two Consi's and Started 20 cars in the B-MOD Feature. This was just a Regular Weekly show - NO SPECIAL.

There is likely a number of reasons why the Route 45 Deal didn't go over well. One item that has NOT been talked about on this thread is the fact that they charged a $150 Entry Fee ($200 if after April 1st) for this event. Also, I have not seen or heard what the pay-down was after the 1st Place Prize of $5,000. If the pay-down is low compared to the Winners Purse, many will not take a chance with such a steep Entry Fee. Also, the DEALBREAKER was a two night show (Three nights if you came to practice on Thursday). That fact alone can be limiting to many Drivers/Teams.

Assuming those that showed for both nights; paid the Entry Fee, Pit passes, Racing Fuel, Transport Fuel, Tires, Food, and whatever lodging, one can only assume that just going to this event would cost a Driver around $500 to attend. (This is of course assuming that everyone who was there on Saturday night was there on Friday since the Heat Races were ran on Friday) I hear a lot chatter about racers working on week to week budget. I know that is the case for the majority no matter what Class they are running. Spending that much of your racing budget to one weekend is a heck of a commitment for most B-Mod Teams . Some guys would have to take a couple of weeks off to recover financially after putting out the smack for such an event. Hopefully Route 45 will have some future Specials that are a little easier for the Drivers/Teams to participate in.
    Ok I thought he was talking about Tri-City having 2 consi and no where near the payout. I guess he will come on here and clarify his post.

I agree the 2 day shows are a lose lose for the fans and drivers in my opinion.

it was btown il tri cty did n't run b mods last weekend had 32 a mods though betcha a few of them drove right past flora