Default Plenty of seats availible in Bristol....

A few friends were at Bristol today and posted some pics on facebook. Wow...i'd say maybe 1/2 full??

Pretty sad for Nascar.

Yeah it's a sad sight but, when the racing not as good and the cost is so high people tend not to go. Don't forget the gimmicks also lol
    I'm guessing they still had around 75,000 to 80,000 people.

Oh
    Last edited by kidrock; 04-17-2016 at 09:05 PM.

Don't think I've seen that many empty seats for a cup race at Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    Don't think I've seen that many empty seats for a cup race at Bristol.

Wasn't it like that last year as well? Good to see some of the young guns get a good finish

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Yeah it's a sad sight but, when the racing not as good and the cost is so high people tend not to go. I'm guessing they still had around 75,000 to 80,000 people.
    you mean like lil E stalled early on and finished 2nd bad racing

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    you mean like lil E stalled early on and finished 2nd bad racing
    Racing in General, not talking about this race don't forget the gimmicks lol Come on get with the program and follow along lol
    Last edited by kidrock; 04-17-2016 at 09:06 PM.

because they need more short tracks and less cookie cutter tracks or super speedways

because they need more short tracks and less cookie cutter tracks or super speedways
    They did away with em so that teams wouldnt have to work on the bodies as much (from wrecking at a short track). Lord knows all those teams cant afford to hire people to work on em lol

With no more bump and run=less crowds

The deal was, that both nights days were excellent racing...on Sat. they didn't have enough cameras to catch all the racing going on... Kyle and Kyle put on a whale of a show and Erik snuck in there and stole it from them, just some awesome racing... screw the crash fest lovers, learn what racing is for crying out loud....

And Sunday, freakin slide jobs galore for the top 10 positions... it was awesome...

Let Junior retire and it's over for Nascar.

Bristol has not one to blame but themselves and Nascar. Wasn't to long ago they had waiting list and packed full. Also a lot of fans don't like the racing there now. They want crashfest and 100 plus laps of cautions. So they don't go anymore. My brother in laws being one. Last race we went to there, he complained about it.
    This trend is not just Nascar, Indy, Supercross, NHRA, and racing in general are also losing fan base. I know and believe in free market. But hotel prices are out of control there. 300 a night, for 3 day min. Is pitiful. Pay to park, and so on. I have notice for World finals hotels are headed that way, at least there you can drive 30 mins and find hotels at reasonable rate.

Bristol TV ratings down 27%

Yeah it won't be long and it will be like Indy car. The Indy car race had a rating of 0.37 and the sprint cup race was 3.2 and the xfinity was 0.7.

NASCAR has a ways to fall to get to Indy Car ratings levels, especially at the temporary street venues but NASCAR seems to be continually working on it.

I tried to watch some of the Long Beach Grand Prix last week and it was so dull we couldn't make it through. I'm surprised it drew as big of a TV audience as it did.

The only reason we even turned it on was to try and catch a glimpse of some of the area surrounding the track near Long Beach Harbor. We stayed a couple of nights on the Queen Mary a year or so ago and looked around the area where the race is held quite a bit at that time. The people in the businesses in the area of the race course say the GP of LB draws a huge crowd but it sure doesn't translate to TV very well.

It's a safe bet that the TV ratings for the Indy Car race held in Indiana on Memorial Day will be much, much better than the ratings for Long Beach. In fact it's a safe bet the Indy Car ratings for that weekend will be considerable better than the NASCAR race in Charlotte on the same day.

You think a little dirt track is the cure for all woes??? Keep guessing.

no clayton I don't but more short tracks and less cheating ,if a team any team pulls I to the track illegal at their should just pack their sh1t and go home none of this 2 three times bs and how is that race for the chase crap working for you