Default Opinions Please ????

2015 Rocket, Blue Grey FrontWe was having trouble with the RF and getting close tire temperatures from inside to out, adjusted the camber, took out some toe, and have seemed to have solved that problem. Now we cant hold the car straight down straight aways, it darts like crazy, and not just one way.

How much toe did u remove

Have you checked your bump steer? Changing the toe can mess up your bump steer.
    And I would never run less than 1/4 toe out. Anything less and you will get some very sensitive steering.

And also...trying to get your tire temps even all the way across the RF might not be the best idea. The benefits of camber thrust can't be overstated. If you get your RF tire temps even all the way across, you are maximizing contact patch compliance but minimizing camber thrust. Whether one outweighs the other is certainly debatable...

Have to agree with Matt....as long as the temp is only 5-10 degrees diff, you should be fine. These cars lose a lot of toe during chassis roll, so I would put back at 5/8" (Rocket specs??). You might have lost a fair amount of caster, which causes that too.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Have to agree with Matt....as long as the temp is only 5-10 degrees diff, you should be fine. These cars lose a lot of toe during chassis roll, so I would put back at 5/8" (Rocket specs??). You might have lost a fair amount of caster, which causes that too.
    I certainly agree with that differential, however mine was 40-50 degrees different, absolutely demolished the RF 2/3 the way across the tire from the inside.

I have always thought that the more TOE you have over 1/4in, the more the car would tend to be "darty" on the straights?

Quote Originally Posted by bobdoo View Post
    I have always thought that the more TOE you have over 1/4in, the more the car would tend to be "darty" on the straights?
    That was my thinking as well. However this car seems to like a bit more than normal of toe. I removed about 3/8 when i adjusted camber to eliminate some drag and try to protect the tire. Like I said, the changes helped preserve the tire, however the car cant be held in a straight line now.

Quote Originally Posted by tireman View Post
    That was my thinking as well. However this car seems to like a bit more than normal of toe. I removed about 3/8 when i adjusted camber to eliminate some drag and try to protect the tire. Like I said, the changes helped preserve the tire, however the car cant be held in a straight line now.
    Is that all you changed or did you have the wrong upper a-arm?
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Toe out makes the car drive straighter, we replaced a tie rod one time and measured it wrong, had 1/4" of toe in and could hardly make it through the straights. Hated that feeling. Changed it to 1/2" toe out (on a mod) and it was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Is that all you changed or did you have the wrong upper a-arm?
    Thats all i changed, I put one washer against the frame ( along with what was already there) my caster/camber was set to the specs in the book, the car drove fine, we was just killing the RF tire, so i adjusted the camber with one washer and i took out some toe, and like i said it helped tire temperature, but now the other problem. Im going to put it back like it was and start back at square one.

Maybe try the adjustments one at a time. Take some camber out and leave the toe alone.

Just say no...

What were u running? If u took out 3/8 most guys run between 5/8 and 3/4. So now u are down to 1/4 or 3/8 at ride height and while racing we are hardly ever there so when we r in yawn even down the straights now adays that would remove most if not all of ur toe I would imagine that's why u have ur dirty problem.

Sorry not dirty "Darty"