Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    And the guy was right, when we raced Perris for or five times, the drivers could go into the stand and introduce themselves individually and still get out early.... awesome track and facility but the worst freakin location in the armpit... Getting there from Santa Barbara is a freakin all day job, took the fun out of even going there....
    Perris is a really nice facility and I love the way the Western tracks stay tacky all night. We've gone out there for 2 Oval Nationals and once for Turkey Night Grand Prix.

It's really a shame that the dirt lates don't draw well at Perris. Perris is a venue that could develop a crown jewel event of sorts for the SDLM's.

When we were in SoCal for the 2012 Turkey Night Grand Prix we went to Lake Skinner for a look around and then went on to Temecula and stopped at a couple of winery's the Friday after Thanksgiving. We had a conversation with a very nice lady who was selling wine in the tasting room at one of the winery's we stopped at. She asked where we were from and why had we spent Thanksgiving in SoCal. We told her that we were from the Midwest and that we had come out specifically for Turkey night. She had no idea what Turkey Night was but she gave us a very concerned look when we told her it was held in Perris. According to her Perris is NOT a very nice area and that we were literally putting ourselves in danger by even being there. I never really felt at all unsafe in the surrounding area and definitely not at the track.

My wife took what she said to heart and would be reluctant to go back. Just wondered if you had a take on that subject or if you're too far away to get a feel for that sort of thing.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    The problem there's not enough of them to go around at your local tracks. when some promoters say they don't bring in the fans it's true. They don't bring in enough at some local tracks to afford them. That's why a lot of them now a days don't run them. It seems like fans wait for the big shows and go to them and not your local shows as much anymore.
    yep what was I thinking getting 26 with atleast 4 more on the way 42 car average between 2 tracks and lucas brought 33 cars I see what you mean lol what you really mean fans don't want to see multiple classes all close to each other oin time with under cars in correct
    Last edited by old fan; 04-30-2016 at 12:39 PM.

perris ca looks scary lol http://cityofperris.org/

Hey litey, take it up with the lady selling wine at the Temecula winery. She lives within a 1/2 hour of Perris and knows the area a he!! of a lot better than you and I. I've been to Perris a half dozen times and still don't know near as much about the area as she does, and I'll venture a guess you've never been there so all you know is what you saw on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    yep what was I thinking getting 26 with atleast 4 more on the way 42 car average between 2 tracks and lucas brought 33 cars I see what you mean lol what you really mean fans don't want to see multiple classes all close to each other oin time with under cars in correct
    Again you can't read but whats new, I said some tracks what part of that don't you understand. SOME OR TRACKS?

no I can read some tracks just won't get a good car count be it bad promoting a track maybe 20 miles away on the same track the big problem is TOO MANY CLASSES years ago a team would get paid something for a heat dash or even semi now not so much you have 6 ,7 classes the money coming can spread only so thin

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Hey litey, take it up with the lady selling wine at the Temecula winery. She lives within a 1/2 hour of Perris and knows the area a he!! of a lot better than you and I. I've been to Perris a half dozen times and still don't know near as much about the area as she does, and I'll venture a guess you've never been there so all you know is what you saw on the website.
    coming from a winery come everyday normal people would be considered scum and you know it

no I can read some tracks just won't get a good car count be it bad promoting a track maybe 20 miles away on the same track the big problem is TOO MANY CLASSES years ago a team would get paid something for a heat dash or even semi now not so much you have 6 ,7 classes the money coming can spread only so thin

Sometimes it might be bad promoting but sometimes there are just not enough fans to go around to afford the late models. I know of a track at one that had plenty of lates just not enough fans to support the class. Might just be to many tracks that run on the same night within so many miles apart. Wasn't a problem back in the day but, it's not the case nowadays.

really last week a track near us ran no lates you could count the fans in the stands I geuss that big crowd almost record breaking crowd at tri city last night came for the b mods and the big crowd for sprints mods and lates a couple weeks ago just came for the sprints next week tri city will have low crowd and belle Claire will have the crowd, the main too many classes

really last week a track near us ran no lates you could count the fans in the stands I geuss that big crowd almost record breaking crowd at tri city last night came for the b mods and the big crowd for sprints mods and lates a couple weeks ago just came for the sprints next week tri city will have low crowd and belle Claire will have the crowd, the main too many classes
    Have you been drinking again this afternoon. I need an interpreter to desipher this message.

I'm just curious if you think both Tri-city and Belleville ran Lates every week on the same night both tracks would have a big crowds?
    Last edited by kidrock; 04-30-2016 at 05:28 PM.

no but they would have better crowds then they are getting right now and what ever happen to the 50 mile rule from ump belleclaire schedule is so screwed up that some the guys parked their cars why you may ask its hard to keep a sponsor for 4 races a year WHAT CLASS DRAWS THE PEOPLE IN CAN YOU ANSWER THAT ONE

That depends, I've seen Sprint cars at some tracks pull in more then late models. I've seen some tracks where late models didn't even bring in fans. I've seen tracks where lates bring in the fans. i know late model fans and sprint car fans for the most part don't cross over.

but if you have them both and a mod class you will draw a crowd the demo graphics of fans and race teams have changed also plus you have many hockey fan unless you are a black hawk fan lmao

but if you have them both and a mod class you will draw a crowd the demo graphics of fans and race teams have changed also plus you have many hockey fan unless you are a black hawk fan lmao
    Yeah but it's a risk because I know of a track that tried that and guess what they don't do that no more. You why know yep you got it not enough fans to pay the 2 purses.
    You have to remember when Tri-City did it they had the MOWA series which draw a good crowd.

Yeah those Blackhawks fans how many Stanley Cups have they won the last. 5 or 6 years.

But not this year got beat by the chicago cubs of hockey good grief got be on suicide watch after that loss and again good promotor will bring a good crowd and car count central ill teams want to travel the southern ill teams don't

when was the last time the cubs won the world series lol

when was the last time the cubs won the world series lol
    For your info I'm a Cardinal fan so you need to ask someone else

But not this year got beat by the chicago cubs of hockey good grief got be on suicide watch after that loss and again good promotor will bring a good crowd and car count central ill teams want to travel the southern ill teams don't
    So your saying the Blues suck lol. You can't win them all.

where have you been yes they sucks the cards now that's different story

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    For your info I'm a Cardinal fan so you need to ask someone else
    your from IL you gave up on the cubs and white socks say what , me I could care less I am at the track every chance I can get