For immediate release:
April 21, 2016

Jennae Piper & JP3 Racing build momentum off a weekend of great finishes; Winchester Speedway up next for the team.

Up until this past weekend, the 2016 racing season for 19 year old Jennae Piper could have been labeled as consistent. In her two starts prior to this weekend, Piper has raced in unseasonably cold and windy weather, while staying out of trouble, keeping her nose clean and bringing the car home in one piece without incident. This past weekend though, the warmer weather brought a refurbished enthusiasm to the family run team and Jennae did not disappoint. She awarded her team with two great finishes within the top five against some of the area’s best Crate Late Model competitors.

Jennae’s season started off at Maryland’s Hagerstown Speedway back on March 26th under cold and blustery conditions. A bad pill draw among the twenty plus competitors in attendance put the team behind and playing catch up on a speedway that due to the weather became pretty narrow and hard to pass on. Jennae soldiered through and brought home a 12th place finish. The following weekend, saw a change in venue but certainly not the weather. The JP3 team unloaded in Virginia at Winchester Speedway for its RUSH sanctioned season opener that saw 28 cars sign in for the night’s event. The weather once again seemed more like December than April, but the pill draw was a big improvement this week and Jennae rallied on a track she knows well to finish 2nd in her stacked heat race transferring her straight into the feature redraw. A six pill would be drawn and Piper would roll off from outside of row No.3. Once again the cold conditions including a cold slight drizzle during the feature made passing almost impossible. Jennae would bring home the JWP Environmental/News Talk 103.7 Mastersbilt race car in 6th place but had a car that was just as fast as the 5 drivers that finished in front of her as everyone pretty much finished where they started.

After a week off for college activities, the Millersville University Freshman finished class this past Friday and headed straight for Spring Run, Pennsylvania where her team would be waiting on her at Path Valley Speedway for the facility’s season opener for the RUSH sanction Late Models. Under sunny conditions and with her college rugby teammates in attendance, Jennae did not disappoint. Up on the wheel and charging hard right from the start, Jennae would advance to second place as the checkered flag waved, not only garnering the runner up finish but also winning the event’s hard charger award in the process. The following morning saw the sun out nice and bright again and the team was right back at it running back to back races for the first time this season. This night found the team back at Hagerstown and Piper would once again be one of the strongest competitors in the field. When the dust had settled, Jennae would record her second top finish in as many nights, bringing the Make-A-Wish car home with an outstanding 4th place finish to cap off a great weekend for the family.

“We have had a great car all year” said Piper when reached via phone between classes. “The first two weeks it was cold and miserable and the weather kind of dictated the track surfaces making in tough on everyone. This weekend the weather was beautiful and I think everyone was just a little more excited. I cannot thank my Dad & brothers enough for what they do during the week while I am at school. I get to the race track and the car is just fast right out of the trailer. Even this past weekend, I had a rugby game Saturday and they unloaded from Path Valley, did the maintenance and got everything ready for Saturday night. There is just no way could I ever thank them enough for allowing me to attend college and come back on the weekends to race. They are the ones along with my Pap, Mom & Aunt who are putting in the long hours at the race shop Monday through Thursday making sure everything is ready. Tyler (Hershey) has been helping out at the track with set-ups and the car has been awesome to drive. He has really helped me step up my game for sure. As you can tell this whole deal is a family deal and I wouldn’t want it any other way. Whether we run bad or we run good, we do it together and that is all I can ask for” added Jennae.

Jennae and JP3 Racing will take the next few weeks off for family and college functions but will be back in action at Path Valley Speedway with the RUSH sanctioned late Models on May 6th.

Keep up to date with all of the Jennae Piper & JP3 Racing news on her official social media sites: On Twitter @jp3racing and on Facebook at Jennae Piper Racing.

April Sponsor Spotlight – Outdoor Contractors, Inc. – Han(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), Maryland:
Located in Han(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Maryland, Outdoor Contractors, Inc. is the area’s premier small business that is dedicated to keeping big businesses running. With a full complement of heavy equipment and a knowledgeable staff, Outdoor Contractors specialize in Excavation, Landscaping Services, and Snow Removal along with being the region’s premier street power sweeping contractor, servicing businesses and municipalities in Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Virginia. For more information on Outdoor Contractors, Inc. check out their website at www.outdoorcontractors.com or give them a call at (301)582-4999.

JP3 Racing would like to thank all the team’s Marketing Partners for 2016:
JWP Environmental, Inc., Outdoor Contractors, Inc., News Talk 103.7FM, Daytona 1 Lubricants, Roy’s Body Shop, Myers Diesel, Fastracks Excavating, Liberty Auto & Tire, First Class Construction, Hotsticks Packaged Firewood with product help from: Booze Brothers Performance, Dana Signs, Fastenal, Hendren Racing Engines, K.R.S. Graphics and Schaeffer’s Racing Oil.

Jennae & JP3 Racing are honored to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation through their racing in 2016.

2016 Stats:
Starts: 4
Wins: 0
Top 5: 2
Top 10: 3
11-15: 1
15-20: 0
DNF: 0

Upcoming 2016 events: (subject to change and weather pending)
5.06.16 Path Valley Speedway
5.14.16 Hagerstown Speedway
5.21.16 Winchester Speedway
5.27.16 Path Valley Speedway
5.29.16 Potomac Speedway

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media