Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gateway tickets

Default Gateway tickets

Ticketmaster says no tickets r available. When r they planning on adding more tickets or what's going on with it?

There are no more 2 day tickets, you have to buy both days separate now.

It still has it listed on their website and ticketmaster as being available as an option

If they don't open up the entire dome, upstairs and all for this, that tells me they're all dumb a$$es in charge and it ain't worth my time and money. I mean why wouldn't the whole place minus roped off seats for safety be open for sale already. Makes no sense.

I wasn't even gonna order tickets. I didn't think they'd be no way it would sell out. I was at Bristol went they covered it. To me, Bristol was a bigger deal than this. Only 40k tickets sold for that. This dome is 65k or so, minus maybe 5k unavailable for safety? I don't get it.....

the 2 day tickets were sold out I would say its a work in progress , some body smoking dope I just checked it and got a seat pronto
    Last edited by old fan; 04-23-2016 at 12:33 PM.

It could be that 2nd party places have bought up all the remaining tickets, and are going to try to jack up the prices on them. It happens at every other sporting event and concert, I don't see how it couldn't happen here.

How many people on here have their tickets? I'm going with a guy that bought 6 plus mine. I know of no one else that has bought any. Whole deal sounds strange to me.

wrong I just checked at got section 113 if I wanted it I know a racer that got pit reserved 8 minutes after they were start selling plus I talked to the man building the track yep its real
    Last edited by old fan; 04-23-2016 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    wrong I just checked at got section 113 if I wanted it I know a racer that got pit reserved 8 minutes after they were start selling plus I talked to the man building the track yep its real
    You mustve rode the short bus as a kid....I have already thrown money at this deal.myself. I never said anything about it not happening or not being real. You would've seen that if ya could actually comprehend what I posted.

so why the b1TCHING or concern go and have fun if its bad you find another race that weekend

could be that 2nd party places have bought up all the remaining tickets, and are going to try to jack up the prices on them. It happens at every other sporting event and concert, I don't see how it couldn't happen I think you fell off the short bus yesterday

Again.....I wasn't complaining. I will be there. Learn to read. I was stating a fact.

Now go trip over another curb.

Another thread derailed by the great litey, all because he can't read. The only guy I can remember being on here that never has a point, but wants to argue about the point he never has.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 04-23-2016 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Again.....I wasn't complaining. I will be there. Learn to read. I was stating a fact.

Now go trip over another curb.

Another thread derailed by the great litey, all because he can't read. The only guy I can remember being on here that never has a point, but wants to argue about the point he never has.
    Lol, I like it. Fine job Zach.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I bought 8 tickets. As far as not opening up the whole place for seats there are two possible scenarios with this I have run into before. One being marketing. You can place sponsor banners in a massive open area. You can also make pictures to "look" like a sold out arena when you have every seat occupied close to each other. Its hard to do that with people sporadically placed throughout the arena. This is the same thing NASCAR does. Another reason is the clean up fees, I am under the impression that the "clean up crew" that cleans the dust off the seats is a seperate crew from those that clean up trash. I would imagine the promoters are charged accordingly for these cleanup fees. Basically you cover those open seats with a banner, if done properly will limit the clean up of dust. If you dont have anyone sitting in these seats you will not have trash to have to play the other cleanup crew to take care of... Im not saying this is a fact, but it is a possibility that I know has happened before at other venues/sports.

So this is sold out?

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    So this is sold out?
    No.......not even close.

Creating false demand is one of the oldest marketing tricks in the book.......sorry folks.

I was interested in making the flight up in December.........now, not so much.

6 seats just became available
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

So this is sold out?
    Just now I was able to go in and purchase tickets if I wanted too. For both Friday and Saturday as a separate transaction for each day. I also was able to do the two day pass.

I found nothing on the gateway sites on creating false demand saying it was sold out. If somebody is saying that it's 3rd party ticket broker. And it wouldn't surprise me at all. There job is to sell tickets at a marked up price to make money. That's not Gateways fault.
    Last edited by huskerdirt; 04-25-2016 at 02:44 PM.

We have a hotel but were waiting to buy tickets closer to the event... sounds like games are being played. You would think with an arena holding 67,000 you could walk up day of race and buy seats.

We have a hotel but were waiting to buy tickets closer to the event... sounds like games are being played. You would think with an arena holding 67,000 you could walk up day of race and buy seats.
    You have the same strategy as me.

I'm not worried about tickets. There will be some available.

I'm confident no games are being played.

I had to deal with this whole ticket deal awhile back, for the indy sx race. We normally buy ticket early in the year when they go on sale. This year we waited til 2 weeks before. Tickets are normally 40-60 if you buy them off of Feld, which are the race promoters. This time around Feld had nothing for sale, so we had to go another route. Tickets were 116 a piece after buying them off of some different joint.