Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gateway tickets

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    that ole bbq was wrong
    Wonder if he will do what he said he would if proven wrong on the maxxed out field?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    Registration required payment. What ya got now?
    Not for everyone
    8/13/16

breathe in it will be alright

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Not for everyone
    Just going by what the site said. Payment with registration and no refunds after May 1st

Doesn't sound confusing at all does it.............I'm going with the experts assessment.

Even if all the entry spots are sold out, you have a better chance of seeing God twerking for tips in front of the dome than you do all of them showing up. It's like that at every race that has pre-entries.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Now that's a visual I won't soon be able to forget........dam Josh.

Again, very difficult for me to believe that the thing maxxed out in such a short period........but , according to the smart guys that have actually seen it, the entire list is full.

I'm going with that info as the gospel , and looks and sounds like everyone else should too.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Now that's a visual I won't soon be able to forget........dam Josh.

Again, very difficult for me to believe that the thing maxxed out in such a short period........but , according to the smart guys that have actually seen it, the entire list is full.

I'm going with that info as the gospel , and looks and sounds like everyone else should too.
    I hope that race is a huge success.

The big problem I see with it is that the race will never live up to the hype. It won't even get close.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

If they pull this off, get 400 cars, sell out the seats, and get positive reviews from at least 10 of the 400 teams, the promoter/creator of this deal needs to go run Nascar, or heck even be elected President of the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I hope that race is a huge success.

The big problem I see with it is that the race will never live up to the hype. It won't even get close.
    My sentiments exactly...........well executed hype is what gets people to the show, a good product is what keeps them there and brings them back for more.

I hope they pack the place.

Not exactly the way I would have done the initial marketing plan for it, but it's also not my money I'm putting up or my ballz on the chopping block.

The promoter is a smart guy and doesn't mind taking a risk, and for that alone should be applauded for what he is trying to pull off.

This is 1 I bought 1 night of tickets, if it's a good show I'll buy the next night at the door. If it sucks to the bar I go!

Sure hope ventilation has been looked at in detail... they will putting out some serious fumes compared to the midgets.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Sure hope ventilation has been looked at in detail... they will putting out some serious fumes compared to the midgets.
    Wonder if the facility has some sort of additional cleanup charge after the event is over?....obviously they will remove the dirt from the floor of the arena, wondering more about the dust that will get blown all over as well as what may get get sucked up into the ventilation system filters etc.......anybody have any insight on it?

BBQ, we aren't allowed to wonder anymore. And you know who will have insight on it......... old ventilator fan. He was an engineer before he quit the Navy Seals and went to work for Lucas Oil and Microsoft. Lest not forget his current stint at the St. Louis Chamber of Commerce, advising the marketing committee.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Wonder if the facility has some sort of additional cleanup charge after the event is over?....obviously they will remove the dirt from the floor of the arena, wondering more about the dust that will get blown all over as well as what may get get sucked up into the ventilation system filters etc.......anybody have any insight on it?
    At least they have a while to clean it up, I remember seeing pics from pacers game a few days after midgets and the seats were still covered in dust lol.

I would find it hard to believe that the dome would have an adequate ventilation system due to the fact that it was built for football not auto racing. Auto racing would demand a higher ratio of air changes per minute compared to a football game. The dust would be bad enough but the fumes would be what I would be more concerned.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised at all if sometime during the racing action the fire department would come in and shut it down until the ventilation system can recoup and remove the fumes from the building. Another problem would be the dome itself. You can't just prop doors open to help with ventilation either.

Say for instance the crowd is somewhere in the 50,000 range or so. Much of the ventilation system would be used up just for that type of crowd alone. Add in dust and fumes.................well you see the issue.

Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    And you know who will have insight on it......... old ventilator fan. He was an engineer before he quit the Navy Seals and went to work for Lucas Oil and Microsoft. Lest not forget his current stint at the St. Louis Chamber of Commerce, advising the marketing committee.
    LOL ... This, Sir, is one of the great posts in 4m history. Kudos.

They've stopped the Chili Bowl, Shootout, and last years "Indy Invitational" because of carbon monoxide levels. Granted this dome has more loft but still, could be an issue. Good post Mud Packer.

I personally hope that it comes off without a hitch. However, common sense tells me that it won't. If, and I'm only going on what has been announced, the maximum number of race cars has been reached plus adding in some other additional vehicles (wreckers, push trucks, ambulances, etc) the carbon monoxide levels will be reached and exceeded without additional ventilation equipment in place.

I doubt they would go to the expense of adding additional equipment to the facility for a one time deal. Again, I hope I'm wrong and it is an instant success.