Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    but the sprinters did and the degrees of Bristol were not the same for asphalt vs dirt http://www.motorsport.com/woo/news/o...rt-2000-06-09/
    Despite huge weight advantage and huge suspension advantage, the DLM cars were slower.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Sorry all, Didn't set out to screw this thread up with back and forth arguing concerning track prep at B-Town. Had to work Saturday night and was just asking if anyone was doing updates or not. Thanks to rollover and zyoung25 for the info.

Okay I see that many are okay with the race as it was. Now let's talk about the dust and grit issue. I've been to a lot of tracks and remember a time when dust was all but nonexistent at B-town back in the 70's. Personally I have bronchitis from Saturday night. I was well aware of how it could be dust wise but thought that the rains all week might help. Well it didn't. Do any of you feel crappy the next day or maybe get sinus infections or sore throats? I know the fans are covered with dirt and rubber by nights end. I'm asking if you the fans are okay with the dust. If yes, then I'm done making any further comments on this thread.

“Trak-Lock” ™ - Dust/Soil Control Agent

"Trak-Lock"® - Dust / Soil Control Agent

Dust / Moisture control
    Race Track – Motorsports – Arena
    Dust Suppression / Traction Control
    "Track-Lock"® - is a revolutionary product, organic in nature, and in a 1mm granular format, to allow for safe distribution.

This organic based product, has a stabilization effect on all soils, and allows for the colloidal matrix of the soils to retain and hold moisture longer and to a controlled state.

Through proper surface / sub-surface homogenous blending with any Dirt motor sports surfaces, indoor or out, and modified procedure for water application and track preparation, any promoter or track/facility owner will reduce costs normally associated with track preparation by up to 40%.

This product has been tested on dirt tack facilities in the Midwest, and has stood up to 5 hour features with 4 classes including late models. The results are consistent - "two & three - groove" racing on ¼ mile tracks with surfaces holding moisture and race ability exceeding any tack that only uses excessive water.

The second asset this product gives is "dust suppression". Surface dust, always a problem for spectators and drivers alike, on tracks tested, has been reduced from 50% to as much as 90% - one open wheel modified special at a test track had 100% dust suppression for the spectators - I know, I sat across from the flag stand the entire evening - even I could not believe the environment we created.

The best part of our product is - you only need to put it in your surface once per racing season - that’s right, only once.

Each week you re-work the track adding 40% less water than normal and again give the drivers and spectators what they want - traction high or low, and the ability to see the cars.

This product can be used in indoor area events - moto-cross, monster trucks, or any dirt venture. We have tested on “tractor-pull” events - problem was all tractors pulled full distance - had to put on more weight faster - what a thrill for the puller.

If you want a safe product for your employees and the environment, that gives the fans and drivers - in whatever motor sport event they are at, a "dust free" - complete traction anywhere on the track, then “Trak-Lock”® should be considered for you and your profitability.

Saturdays track was great for the fans and the big motor boys. Running your equipment that hard for 3 grand is really hard for the poor boys(the guys doing it on their dime). Something I did notice was a few of the big motor boys kind of lost there heads a little. Jamerson and Stapleton really struggled and both these guys are hammer down kind of guys, I expected more from them after there qualification laps.

Default Does it work anywhere......

I saw a blog on this as well as a short video of a track that was putting it in ( think it was up in the northeast).......is it working, anybody got any success stories that have raced on it, seen a race with it down?

I'm like flag one on the actual race itself......be hard pressed to find a show much better than that.

But I am curious about the product and its effectiveness...........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsforracin View Post
    Sorry all, Didn't set out to screw this thread up with back and forth arguing concerning track prep at B-Town. Had to work Saturday night and was just asking if anyone was doing updates or not. Thanks to rollover and zyoung25 for the info.
    Im sure I speak for rollover.....no problem bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I would pay to see that..........
    They do run 410 sprints on asphalt. Bristol, my God, I think death is all that would ensue. But yeah it'd be cool.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Back to the original subject matter; we always update our facebook page during the night. Hard to put it everywhere. Just too many places now but in the future here's the link https://www.facebook.com/BattleoftheBluegrass/

Hope this helps and thank you a ton for at least noticing the ULTIMATE Battle of the Bluegrass is out there! That's a great start.