Default We've lost a great one... :'(

4m has lost one of its finest posters and the world has lost one of its finest human beings and biggest race fans. Slick01 passed away last night after a battle with cancer. Slick was one of the old school posters who helped make this forum great before it became the wasteland it is now. I met him for the first time at Tyler County for one of the Hillbilly Hundreds and watched many races with him. The last being the Easter Bunny 150 at Hickory, NC in 2013. You would have a hard time ever finding a better man! Prayers go out to his sweet wife

R.I.P. Old pal!!!
    P.S. You cant say Kotex or KY on 4m stewpid!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redman28fanWV View Post
    4m has lost one of its finest posters and the world has lost one of its finest human beings and biggest race fans. Slick01 passed away last night after a battle with cancer. Slick was one of the old school posters who helped make this forum great before it became the wasteland it is now. I met him for the first time at Tyler County for one of the Hillbilly Hundreds and watched many races with him. The last being the Easter Bunny 150 at Hickory, NC in 2013. You would have a hard time ever finding a better man! Prayers go out to his sweet wife

R.I.P. Old pal!!!
    I remember him from back in the day. Sorry to hear. RIP Slick.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Got a Pm and text earlier tonight about this and it made me sick. Jeff was such a good old boy and it was a pleasure to have known him and call him a friend. Had some great times with him over the years at the races and will never forget him. God rest your soul old buddy. Praying for his wife Ina. RIP Slick01.

Eric Davis and Family!!!

R.I.P. Slick.

I definitely remember him. Prayers and condolences to his family. Sorry for your loss, Red.

Also met him at Tyler years ago. Seemed like a great man and we shared the same sense of humor. hope to see him on the other side....
    "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."

"You rarely get positive results from people who do nothing but complain".

RIP Slick thoughts and prayers to his family

I never got to actually meet him, but I sure remember his posts. Rest in Peace Slick 01.
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

We have lost a great one is right ! Pray for Ina and family, she lost a great husband. Jeff (slick01) was a great friend. A true example of friendship. His knowledge of racing was amazing. Jeff worked on race teams and was a Racing Fanatic traveling to thousands of races. He worked and helped Gary Bradberry Racing ( ARCA and CUP). Living in South Carolina meant travel. That didn't hold Jeff back. He would drive from SC to Chelsea, Alabama like it was the next town over weekly. What an asset to their operation. Jeff and Ina traveled to 50-60 shows a year. They would hop in the car and do 2000 mile weekend trips following their love of each other and racing. So happy they were able to do the vacation type racing trips together. Jeff was an encyclopedia of racing, a smart man with an amazing knowlege and memory of racing. I'm gonna miss our phone conversations and friendship. Prayers to Ina and family. We have lost a great one!

just realized who he was, met him at bradberry,s shop over on highway 11 out from Chelsea a few times,i never knew it was him on here though, very nice person, RIP JEFF.......
    Last edited by fastford; 04-25-2016 at 01:49 PM.

boc

Man, truly saddened to hear this. I can't say much more beyond the accolades and dedication already written. I can only share that out of all the 4Mers I've met in real life at the races, Jeff and his inseparable wife by far stopped by the most for a BS session. We shared many-a laughs and our unity in racing was cemented early and instantly. They reminded me of back in the NDRA days when getting off work on Friday, packing up the car, chasing racing until Monday morning was all that mattered. Sleep or money was secondary. I can attest, for at least the moments in my knowing them, this is who they were and they did it often long before and after we met.

If anyone knows of an online obit I can pay my respects at, please post it.

My deepest condolences to 'Mrs Slick'. I hope in time the memories of sadness reverse as you remember the wonderful times of racing and all those friends you touched in all your travels. Our lives were made better for having met you both.

Peace be with you.
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

Rest easy Slick, no more pain.. See you on the other side!

very good post, penndirt

So sad to hear we've lost Jeff. Lots of memories for close to 30 years. He and Lee are for sure swapping stories up on a cloud right about now. Please lift his sweet Ina up in prayer; they loved each other so very much.

PennDirt, that was a beautiful tribute.

Wickey & Pam

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    very good post, penndirt
    Awesome post for sure Penndirt. Brought tears to my eyes to say the least!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PennDirt View Post
    Man, truly saddened to hear this. I can't say much more beyond the accolades and dedication already written. I can only share that out of all the 4Mers I've met in real life at the races, Jeff and his inseparable wife by far stopped by the most for a BS session. We shared many-a laughs and our unity in racing was cemented early and instantly. They reminded me of back in the NDRA days when getting off work on Friday, packing up the car, chasing racing until Monday morning was all that mattered. Sleep or money was secondary. I can attest, for at least the moments in my knowing them, this is who they were and they did it often long before and after we met.

If anyone knows of an online obit I can pay my respects at, please post it.

My deepest condolences to 'Mrs Slick'. I hope in time the memories of sadness reverse as you remember the wonderful times of racing and all those friends you touched in all your travels. Our lives were made better for having met you both.

Peace be with you.
    Great post!
    Dunbar Funeral Home Columbia SC

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

I like all of you have lost a dear friend who I talked to many, many times by phone and at a few races over the years. Rest in peace my good friend, and to Ina, you were the light of his life, he loved you very much, as I'm sure you knew.

Always will be one of the best posters ever on 4m......I'll miss ya' friend ! From one dedicated ol' vet to another

Cancer $ucks...Lost way too manny friends to it.. Rest In Peace...To his family So Sorry for your Lose.. Makes you Miss the Old 4M even More.....

RIP Slick.