Wink Metric car track width

I have a 60" floater and I stringed the chassis yesterday and I found out the right rear sticks out past my right front 1" and my left rear sticks out 2". My thought rather than spend the money on new wheels I would just put a 1" spacer on the right rear so it would be the same as the left rear. Any thoughts or advice on this? I might be off a bit I think I might measure again but either way the left rear is clearly out further than the left front. Any help would be appreciated. As it sits now I believe (I haven't raced it yet) it will be loose going in and tight coming off.

put Camaro/Impala spindles on front. Will also help with camber.
    Camaro/Impala spindles are taller than Metric's, and also will add width.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

How did that run on the track with the or out 3"? I'm thinking I'll just run it and see how it does.

I measured it from the outside of the tread. I lauded tow plates against the tires and ran a string parallel to the left and right rear. Measured from the string.

Laid not lauded. Lol

Default spindles

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    And require you to move the upper a arm mounts or get different a arms entirely.

Then your rr would be in too far and lr wouldn't be out 2 inches any more so Id get a different rearend to match the new front if you changed it..

My lr was out 3" for a few years... by design.
    nothing is ever easy.
    I think a 58" rear end fits well under a metric.. I THINK
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

This question along with a what spring question will have a million different answers. None wrong or right although it will get argued. You just need to try some different combos and see what works best for you and your track. I always went with the theory the front should track wider than the rear.We ran a 60" floater, 3" offset on LF, LR, RR. 1 " spacer on both fronts and a 1" offset on the RF. All metric suspension parts. Again this is just a suggestion worked very well for us may not be what you need. Take some of the responses and try them out.

no matter what im running, I always like to start with left wheels in line and right rear in 2' from right front, was always best starting point for me, like ric78 said , might not work for you though......

R/r in at least 1'' ,l/r out at least 1" is my base line no matter what.Our L/M has the r/r in 6''

Never Never have the right rear outside of the right front. It creates an unstable setup you end up overcompensating for elsewhere ultimately slowing your car down. I run heads up on the right for tacky and then start moving the right front out as the track gets slicker. I'm always running the left rear out at least 1 inch and will move it out more to tighten the car even further if needed.

that 1 inch is leverage to weaken spring by 12 lbs

That's a really key fact Dave if it holds true across most cars. It seems counter to what actually happens on the track. I do observe tightening when moving the right front or left rear out. So from that I take it even though I am technically taking cross out there something bigger at play? I know as you move a left rear out it "softens" the effect of stagger at the rear (makes the circle bigger for same given stagger by increasing width between two wheels). What else?

superduke , your knowledge is growing in right direction . I like my r. front to clean path for r. rear. 58 inch wheel base takes less stagger than 60 inch