Default Route 45 announcement

From Todd Staley, President USRAThinking about racing at Route 45 Raceway? The USRA always has the racer at the forefront of every decision and is working to be a much-needed alternative to what racers in this region have had in the past. We understand that rules changes effect racers in different ways, and no sanctioning body is perfect, but the mission of the USRA is improving the bottom line of both the racer and the track operator. Last weekend, most of the drivers who competed at the Route 45 Raceway had nothing but praise for B.J. McCammon and Michael Burmeister for their hard work and paying the full purse as advertised. For the drivers that attended the show, whether a long-time regular or long-distance traveler, thank you for your support. With great points funds, smart rules and a great insurance program for racers and their cre members, the USRA will do what is necessary to help out new tracks in areas where the USRA is the new kid on the block. The USRA rulebook is exactly what this area has needed for decades, but in the short term we understand the cost to change a lot of stuff can be very expensive. So, the Route 45 Raceway and USRA have agreed on a phase-in of the USRA rules to allow drivers to race at this great facility. If you raced last year, you can come give the Route 45 Raceway and USRA a try with minimal changes from last season. We ask is that by June 1 all rear tires must be the American Racer KK-704, and all four by July 1. As a company, American Racer has been catering to the grassroots weekly racer longer than anybody, and they are a huge supporter of both the track and national points funds awarded by the USRA. As far as the other rules that you have been running in the past, we are going to give you the year to get in alliance with the USRA rules. But remember, if you plan on racing under the USRA banner anywhere else, you will have to be 100% legal under USRA rules. On another note, it will be very hard to grow in an area when other race promoters look at the results and say 'Wow, there weren’t many cars there,' but after years of racers in this region screaming for a change, opportunity is knocking and the promoters of the Route 45 Raceway are the ones who stepped up, put on their big boy pants and took the bull by the horns. Now it is time for the racers to step up and support this race tracki.

I think this is a pro-active reaction by Route 45 and USRA. It gives the drivers some time to transition to the USRA Rules.

BUT......I have my doubts that it will work. If the Mod guys convert from Hoosiers to Americans over the next couple of months...by July 1 they will only be able to run at Route 45. Every other track in Illinois and Indiana are UMP which mandates the Hoosier. How many Mod guys are willing to lock themselves into just one track?

Hopefully when they notice these drivers already have 300 plus laps on American racers with minimal wear. With test times of 1/2 to 3/4 of a second faster lap times on the American racer. Tire prices much cheaper. The tire choice is a no brainer
    Last edited by Burmeister; 04-25-2016 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtDirtCrazy View Post
    I think this is a pro-active reaction by Route 45 and USRA. It gives the drivers some time to transition to the USRA Rules.

BUT......I have my doubts that it will work. If the Mod guys convert from Hoosiers to Americans over the next couple of months...by July 1 they will only be able to run at Route 45. Every other track in Illinois and Indiana are UMP which mandates the Hoosier. How many Mod guys are willing to lock themselves into just one track?
    The tire is part of the deal. Without the tire change it would be nearly the same as UMP which makes no sense.
    None of this would have happened if UMP actually had rules an did tech, and considered the costs for the classes.
    I praise USRA for responding on 4m. More than you ever see from UMP.

if you sqeuzze something to hard what happens and don't tell UMP don't I see it all the time and if its not them its the track officals