FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 25, 2016

Kent Robinson Wins Ultimate BoB Shootout at Brownstown

Bloomington, Indiana (04/25/15) – Kent Robinson topped a wild, three-car battle for the lead to score the $3,000 victory with the Ultimate Battle of the Bluegrass Series at Brownstown Speedway on Saturday night in his Club 29 Race Car #7r JB’s Salvage/ Jay D ickens Racing Engine Super Late Model.

“That’s the best I’ve seen this place in a long time,” said an exhausted Robinson in victory lane. “(Greg) Johnson and Devin (Gilpin) made me work hard for that one. This place hasn’t always been kind to me. Tonight, I just made my mind up that I was definitely going to win this one, and got up on the wheel and made it happen.”

Making the trip to Brownstown Speedway (Brownstown, Indiana) on Saturday night, Kent Robinson was one of 36 Super Late Models signed in for the Ultimate Battle of the Bluegrass Series (UBoB) sanctioned event at the famed, ¼-mile oval. Via a heat race victory, Robinson earned the pole position for the $3,000-to-win feature. The main event would prove to be a dogfight at the front of the pack with Devin Gilpin, Kent Robinson, and Greg Johnson racing three-wide at times for the lead as the trio took turns in the top spot. Regaining the lead from Johnson on the white flag lap, Kent went on to pick up his first victory of season with Devin Gilpin, Greg Johnson, Dustin Linville, and Michael Chilton rounding out the top five.

For more results from this event, please visit www.UltimateSupers.com/BOBHome.html .

This weekend, April 29-30, Kent has a pair of events scheduled. Action opens on Friday night at Bloomington Speedway (Bloomington, Indiana) with the 3rd Annual JB Robinson Memorial, which pays homage to Kent’s late father, JB. Robinson will look to defend his title in the $2,000-to-win event, which is sanctioned by the Summit Racing Equipment American Modified Series. Saturday night will find Kent back behind the wheel of his familiar #7r Super Late Model as he travels to Florence Speedway (Union, Kentucky) to take part in the $5,000-to-win, Old Man’s Garage Spring Nationals event. For more information on the events, please visit www.AmericanModifiedSeries.com and www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .

Kent Robinson Racing would to like to thank all of their sponsors including JB's Salvage, Jay D ickens Racing Engines, Jones Oil Company, Club 29 Race Cars, Keyser Manufacturing, Printworx Graphics, VP Race Fuels, Hoosier Racing Tire, GW Performance, All Star Performance, Schaeffer's, K&N Filters, AFCO, Bell Helmets, Simpson Race Products, Wiles Drive Shafts, Beyea Custom Headers, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Kent Robinson Racing, please visit www.KentRobinsonRacing.com .