Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series stars set to invade Macon Speedway Sat Apr 30

Lucas Oil Late Model Stars Set For Saturday At Macon Speedway Davenport & Bloomquist Two To Watch The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series is heading to Macon IL Speedway this coming Saturday, April 30, as part of a double header weekend. After two years of Thursday night events, the series will now race at the high banked 1/5-mile on a Saturday night for the first time. The St. Louis U-Pic-A-Part 100 will pay $12,000 to the winner. The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, the nation's premier Late Model sanctioning organization, has over 50 events scheduled all across the country in 2016. The best of the best compete on a race-to-race basis with the series, which made its first ever Macon Speedway appearance in 2014. Bobby Pierce took the victory in 2014, while Jimmy Owens grabbed the win last year. This year's field will once again be strong and wicked quick. The current championship standings have dominant Jonathan Davenport leading the way by 110 over veteran Scott Bloomquist. Jared Landers, Darrell Lanigan, and Brandon Sheppard round out the top five. Currently finishing up the top ten are Tim McCreadie, Jimmy Owens, Earl Pearson, Jr., Dennis Erb, Jr., and Don O'Neal. The night before the Macon event, the stars will be racing in Granite City, IL at Tri-City Speedway. Joining the Late Models Saturday night will be the Billingsley Towing UMP Modifieds in addition to the ever growing B-Mod division. Pit gates open Saturday at 3:00, grandstands at 4:00, hotlaps at 6:00, and racing action will begin at 7:00. Grandstand admission is $30 for adults, while children 11 and under are $5. For more information, follow Macon Speedway online at www.maconracing.com, on Facebook (www.facebook.com/maconracing) and Twitter (@maconspeedway). It’s easy to join the Macon Speedway text service. Fans can text MSFANS to 74574 to receive fan information. Drivers text MSDRIVERS to 74574 to receive driver information. Message and date rates apply. Updates are also available by calling Macon Speedway at 217-764-3000. Macon Speedway is located nine miles south of Decatur on U.S. 51, then 0.6 miles west on Andrews Street and south to 205 N. Wiles. Macon Speedway hosts racing every Saturday night, plus some weeknight specials. Bloomquist & Davenport photo from insidedirtracing.com
    Last edited by TEI PR; 04-26-2016 at 01:19 AM.

Want to win FREE TICKETS to this event? Go to https://www.facebook.com/MaconRacing...17742691572798 and follow the directions on the post there and you will have a CHANCE TO WIN!

Go to https://www.dirtondirt.com/liveOrder.php?id=46 and order the LIVE Dirt on Dirt PPV broadcast if you can't be at Macon for whatever reason. Every lap of every class, LIVE. Ben Shelton will have post heat race interviews, plus multiple camera angles, instant replay, and more. All from the great people at Dirt on Dirt.
    The Mayor of Macon
    The Race Blogger

View The Race Blogger's World at http://theracebloggersworld.blogspot.com

For my race updates when I do them, check out my Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/pdavis18491988

Racy little joint

Sure hope lucas can make a call early in the day if they aren't going to race due to track or pit conditions, would hate to waste 6 hours of driving time for no reason.

Having flash backs wild?!

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Having flash backs wild?!
    Lol... yes unfortunately. I have a hotel in Decatur which I can cancel that day if need be but I would really love to not relive that scenario again lol

Sunday was worth it man. Not a big pierce fan but watching Bobby all over bloomer and finally taking him was worth it all!! Bobby was like a pesty little knat.

Looked like it, watched it on DOD. I could see him in victory lane Saturday as much as I hate to say it. I may have to settle for PPV if I don't gain some more confidence in the weather.

Race itinerary as posted by the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series.

going to order PPV and sit back and enjoy...

100% chance of water in the sky

Hopefully the weather prognosticators will be mistaken come Saturday night at Mighty Macon. This is one of 3 or 4 late model shows we intensely look forward to every year.

Macon is one of those unique places that tends to produce great and exciting racing much more often than not. If they can get it in it is a safe bet that the 100 lapper will be a GREAT race.

They are now showing rain for Friday night in the St. Louis area. Hopefully, they will back the rain up for 6 hours, so that the Granite City show can get completed.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Looked like it, watched it on DOD. I could see him in victory lane Saturday as much as I hate to say it. I may have to settle for PPV if I don't gain some more confidence in the weather.
    Their is always the Herald Review on July 7th. As much as I hate to say it, I don't see Saturdays show making it.
    The 2 Macon shows are always tops on my list. I'm afraid it's now down to 1 this year
    8/13/16

Wish the weather was looking better, was going to be my first trip to Macon. (from Eastern, Iowa). Unfortunately can't make the Herald Review being on a weekday. Hope the weather changes around quick.
    Race Updates on Twitter- @ChristianDundee

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Sure hope lucas can make a call early in the day if they aren't going to race due to track or pit conditions, would hate to waste 6 hours of driving time for no reason.
    Sorry but Think it will be wet or Wet or WETTER.. Plus its wet now......The big thing is the Pits do not need much water to be of no uses.....They turn in too a pond fast....

Do we know if there is a make up date if it gets rained out or is the event just going to get cancelled?

LUCAS OIL LATE MODELS RETURN TO THE MIDWEST Macon Speedway Event Set For Saturday Night WAYCROSS, GA (April 28, 2016) – The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series will wrap up the month of April by visiting the Midwest for two thrilling events. The action will kick off on Friday, April 29th at Tri-City Speedway in Granite City, IL. On Saturday, April 30th, the Series will return to Macon Speedway in Macon, IL. The 3rd Annual St. Louis U-Pic-A-Part 100 at Macon Speedway will cap off the weekend on Saturday, April 30th. The highly anticipated event at the 1/5-mile bullring will include a complete program of: Miller Welders Time Trials, Heat Races, B-Mains, and the 100-lap, $12,000-to-win main event. In 2015, Jimmy Owens went to victory lane over Jason Feger, Devin Moran, Shannon Babb, and Ryan Unzicker. The Open Wheel Modifieds and B-Modifieds will also be in competition. For tickets and more information, visit: www.maconracing.com. DirtonDirt.com will offer a “LIVE” Pay-Per-View Broadcast of the events at Macon Speedway, providing multi-camera coverage of all the racing action as it happens LIVE, including driver interviews, instant replays and more! To learn more about the LIVE PPV broadcast and how to order it, visit: https://www.dirtondirt.com/liveOrder.php?id=46. Defending champion, Jonathan Davenport of Blairsville, Georgia leads two-time champion, Scott Bloomquist in the current Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series standings. Jared Landers is third, followed by Darrell Lanigan. Brandon Sheppard completes the top five in series standings. Sixth through eleventh are: Tim McCreadie, Jimmy Owens, Earl Pearson Jr., Dennis Erb Jr., Don O’Neal, and Steve Francis. Colton Flinner leads the Lucas Oil Products Rookie of the Year - Presented by Hot Rod Processing. Track Information: Macon Speedway Phone Number 217-764-3000 Track Promoter: Bob Sargent Location: 205 North Wiles, Macon, IL 62544 Website: www.maconracing.com Tire Rule for Macon Speedway - April 30th: Left Rear/Fronts – Hoosier 1320, LM20, 1640, LM40 Right Rear – Hoosier 02, LM20, 06, LM40 Macon Speedway April 30th Event Purse: $12,000-to-win: 1. $12,000, 2. $5,500, 3. $3,500, 4. $2,750, 5. $2,250, 6. $1,800, 7. $1,500, 8. $1,300, 9. $1,200, 10. $1,100, 11. $1,075, 12. $1,050, 13. $1,025, 14. $1,000, 15. $1,000, 16. $1,000, 17. $1,000, 17. $1,000, 19. $1,000, 20. $1,000, 21. $1,000, 22. $1,000, 23. $1,000, 24. $1,000 For the latest breaking news concerning the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, including the latest series standings, 2016 tour schedule, driver information, and more visit the official website at: www.lucasdirt.com.
    Last edited by TEI PR; 04-29-2016 at 01:55 AM.

Still 100% chance for Saturday