Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boyds Speedway

Default Boyds Speedway

A long time source has told me that after a some light car counts that this track may go to once a month. I sure as heck hope this is not the case.

Late Model Mark

you would think with cleveland closing they would race more but hearing they may race the weeks that north ga dont run i would think one of these tracks should run every week but i guess we have to go to alabama for that yall lucky

I wish McDowell would purchase Cleveland and bring it back to its glory days I know that he was trying to buy it at one time but everything was up in the air I don't care much for Boyds only because it looks like a go cart track , I know Mr McDowell has really made it nice but it's too small
    Last edited by 70satomic; 04-28-2016 at 03:42 PM.

Well all I no is I've been to boyds 3 times and I haven't seen a race yet I wondered how long people was going to keep watching this nothing like it use to be in the 70s.

I raced there a couple weeks ago, and while the car count was still a little light... the fan count was very bare. It was also the same weekend that TN had Rod Run in Pigeon Forge, the air show in Knoxville, the orange & white game at Knoxville plus other bigger races in the region.

It's certainly not because the facility isn't nice, clean or the racing surface is bad... it's become one of the nicer places to race IMO. Cleveland and Boyd's should be a great Friday/Saturday night combo.

I thought the racing was pretty decent from 2nd on back at the Lucas show. Hate to see a track do this but it is better than a track shutting it's gates. Maybe try a every-other-week type deal 1st. I've seen a couple of tracks do this successfully.

election year everything is bad on that year!!! its hard to beleive if you was at the lucas race all those people then few weeks later this... sure is confusing... on last friday chattanooga had scattered rain and I mean some hard storms , you would go down road no rain . LOTS PEOPLE IN AREAS THAT GOT RAIN PROBB. TGHOUGHT IT WAS RAINED OUT.I may be wrong but it was dry at track no rain puddles just one of those things...
    Last edited by crownman25; 04-28-2016 at 11:03 PM.

Better bring back gar (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)son

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    I thought the racing was pretty decent from 2nd on back at the Lucas show. Hate to see a track do this but it is better than a track shutting it's gates. Maybe try a every-other-week type deal 1st. I've seen a couple of tracks do this successfully.
    I love this quote from southern race fans.

"I thought the racing was pretty decent from 2nd on back..."

I lived down there for 15 years and went to a ton of DLM/Crate/Modified shows that all start heads up. if'n anyone of you "racing fans" ever came north and watched a weekly show you'd crap yourselves!!! no time trials. points leader can't start better than 10th - 12th and usually finishes in the top 2/3 with lots of them winning....oh, and the races are 25 - 30 laps.

I don't, but did, go to races to watch guys battle for 7th and 8th. I wannna see the best guys at the track PASS cars to get to the front.

Now, I'm back up here and get to see RACING. Y'all enjoy that fastest guy deserves the to be at the crap!
    www.ctcphotos.com

http://www.ctcphotos.com/hommel.htm

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by bite me too View Post

I lived down there for 15 years and went to a ton of DLM/Crate/Modified shows that all start heads up. if'n anyone of you "racing fans" ever came north and watched a weekly show you'd crap yourselves!!! no time trials. points leader can't start better than 10th - 12th and usually finishes in the top 2/3 with lots of them winning....oh, and the races are 25 - 30 laps.

I don't, but did, go to races to watch guys battle for 7th and 8th. I wannna see the best guys at the track PASS cars to get to the front.

Now, I'm back up here and get to see RACING. Y'all enjoy that fastest guy deserves the to be at the crap!
    your just mad because you live up north.
    victim

Excellent post.

Yep can you imagine back in the day when at some tracks they inverted the field. If they did that today the drivers wouldn't even unload their cars lol.

Quote Originally Posted by acetone View Post
    Oh yes. I'd rather just watch qualifying, and features heads up.(sarcasm)

The Ray Cook and SAS format blows, and anywhere else that uses that format.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Dang dude, didn't have to bust my chops! I've been to my fair share of northern races and I agree the weekly shows on average are much better. Most of the drivers down south piss and moan if you try to get them to do anything but qualify and run. I was just making an observation about Boyd's the one time I've been. It was a Lucad Oil event. Don't matter if it's a track in the north or south it would have been the same format. Madden was in a league of his own that night. No one had anything for him so had to watch the race for 2nd on back.

Pure weekly racing shows though, like I said, no argument from me there. Your average weekly show up North is usually 10 times better than one down here. I usually attend weekly shows at Dixie speedway down here as they at least run heats in Crates and limiteds. They do qualify the Supers but invert up to the top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by acetone View Post

ooooooooo, you got me there!

I grew up here and watched racing like you've never seen. and now, I'm back up here (by choice) and again watching racing like you've never seen.

yup...mad beyond belief! enjoy that race for 13th....while I watch the winner come from 12th in 25 laps on a quarter mile!
    www.ctcphotos.com

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    Dang dude, didn't have to bust my chops! I've been to my fair share of northern races and I agree the weekly shows on average are much better. Most of the drivers down south piss and moan if you try to get them to do anything but qualify and run. I was just making an observation about Boyd's the one time I've been. It was a Lucad Oil event. Don't matter if it's a track in the north or south it would have been the same format. Madden was in a league of his own that night. No one had anything for him so had to watch the race for 2nd on back.

Pure weekly racing shows though, like I said, no argument from me there. Your average weekly show up North is usually 10 times better than one down here. I usually attend weekly shows at Dixie speedway down here as they at least run heats in Crates and limiteds. They do qualify the Supers but invert up to the top 6.
    sorry man, wasn't picking on you specifically. just the thought process of most southern fans and their idea of "racing".
    www.ctcphotos.com

I don't know about how they line up but I do know that I've seen a lor of races up north that would of been a rain out down south like I said you better start working your track and find your water truck because the fans have watched about all the one lane races they are going too.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Better bring back gar (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)son
    Started going down hill when he left ,just got worse when they brought the guy from Cleveland

Yeah but when the race is over you still live in hell with no sweet tea to be found. I've been to shows in pretty much every region except west coast. I like my racing down here just fine.......y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Yeah but when the race is over you still live in hell with no sweet tea to be found. I've been to shows in pretty much every region except west coast. I like my racing down here just fine.......y'all.
    Ten, fifteen years ago, yeah, we got sweet tea now.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.