Thread: Fuel cell size

Default Fuel cell size

Have a question about fuel consumption running gas. We race locally which our features are no more than 30 laps on a bigger size 1/4 mile. There are a lot of factors such as size of track, conditions, engine size. But for argument sake: 3/8 mile, med bite, 800hp engine. How much fuel would you figure you burn in a 20 lap, 30 lap, 50 lap, 100 lap feature. I want to get away with the smallest sized cell I can.

Around 4 laps per gallon.It will be less than that for a longer race, Less caution laps no idling in the pits etc...Your best option is to use a 28 gallon with around 16 gallons of fuel for the 20 and 30 lapers add more for the 100s.I've tried the small cells to get a better polar moment .it would work on a high banked tacky, not for a slick forward bite track .

I was just thinking about this topic earlier today, but for safety reasons. I never really was, but certainly am not now, a fan of using fuel for tail weight. As someone eluded to recently, the series/rule makers need to stop worrying about shocks and voodoo gadgets on the LR and start focusing on what we can do to make the sport safer. If we still have 10-15 gallons of fuel left in our cells at the end of a feature that should be considered way too much. Again, for safety reasons. For what it's worth, I have a 22 gallon, but I don't run 100 lap races either.

I've ran 100 lappers with 22 gal cell.

I've ran 22 gal also 25,30?40,50,75,100.