Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOO Announcer

Default WOO Announcer

WOO Announcer= TERRIBLE I will take Ben any day!!!!

Yea he's a screamer.

thanks for the warning

He's trying but Shelton is the best of the best so look who we are comparing him to. Keep volume low

That guy is terrible.

Him and the guy for Lucas. I could do without either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Him and the guy for Lucas. I could do without either of them.
    Essex is one of the best imo.

nothing like going to brownstown and hearing James Essex at the mike
    Last edited by old fan; 08-01-2016 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LM 649 View Post
    WOO Announcer= TERRIBLE I will take Ben any day!!!!
    How bout you just get up there and call the race yourself.. It's real easy I'm sure.. And probably pays just so great... Give the man a chance... Who'd you think you was gonna get anyways??? Man I've seen these posts about this guy and late model mark on here and I'm just disgusted because last time I checked there wasn't anyone lining up at the announcers both applying for a job....

Plain and simple.....he doesn't have the voice for it. It doesn't come across well on the dod videos. Maybe they could alter his voice when they produce the videos.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

My favorites are Rick Eshelman, James Essex, Ozzie Autman, Ben Shelton, and Dustin Jarrett! You put all of them together, you got a HELL of an announce team!

Essex is the top of the mountain, period.

The entire reason I became an announcer.
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com

Mike Norris at #FALS is the best I have ever heard, Eshelman, and Essex in that order for me. Obviously that place always puts on a good show so he's always got something to get excited about but man he just sings it. Sometimes I get chills listening to him announce a race. That might be a little gay, but I'm no mikey waltrip for the record. #notlookingforadatemike
    Shelton does a wonderful job as well, but to me his voice is more of an interview person than an announcer. Appreciate them all though I know I couldn't hold a candle to any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    Essex is one of the best imo.
    Without a doubt!!!

I wish Eshelman would come back to the WoO, he's great. Not a fan of the new WoO guy, but I haven't been to one of their shows just from what I've heard on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcklovin85.. View Post
    How bout you just get up there and call the race yourself.. It's real easy I'm sure.. And probably pays just so great... Give the man a chance... Who'd you think you was gonna get anyways??? Man I've seen these posts about this guy and late model mark on here and I'm just disgusted because last time I checked there wasn't anyone lining up at the announcers both applying for a job....
    I guarantee there were more applicants than just him for the job. He isn't the worst announcer I've ever heard but he is certainly not the best either.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

I can tell you he won't get any better either. He is someone who just grates on my nerves. Thankfully we got rid of him and I won't have to listen to him in the near future.

I hate listening to screaming announcers. Just do it straight without the screamin' and jivin'!

Scott Daloisio, who is the announcer out at Perris Auto Speedway in Perris, California, is by far the best I've ever heard. Very knowledgeable and doesn't yell the drivers names and doesn't do all the upspeak nonsense when giving the driver lineups. Great voice, too.

I can take or leave announcer. Really if you need someone to tell you what you just saw, your in trouble. Worse, they tell something that didn't happen. Sometimes I feel like, if I hear race of the year or unbelievable or some one is making a move for second, when he is riding in line, two lengths back, I hope I ate something colorful for dinner. Yea, I know, they are just trying to make the race more interesting. Most great races, speak for their self. 5 to 10 lead changes and a last lap pass. Three and four wide in turn 4. Heart breakers and game changers.

The thing they should be doing is telling the uninformed, who is in what car and a little color. Make a connection between the fan and racer. Most times they do this when the cars are running and those people can't hear it.
    Last edited by Bubstr; 05-02-2016 at 10:39 AM.

He is terrible. I quit watching the DoD WoO highlights with the volume up. He's like finger nails on a chalk board. Understand it's not an easy job but the truth is the truth.