Default Save Your Old Racing Ticket Stubs?

Had an old frame laying around and decide to try this. I had to take the frame off to scan the pic.. Beats having them decaying in the old junk drawer.

I got more to mess around with but the sad part is a lot of the colored bands don't have any identifying print on them.
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

Cool idea, I wish I would have kept all the stubs and made a diary of all the racing events and experiences. So much to remember over the years and too much to forget.

PennDirt:

I'm gonna use your example for inspiration. been saving event stubs from all sorts of family event things as my two daughters have grown up. 20+ years of memories stashed in cigar boxes. also knox lm nats stubs for every night, every year with my dad. time to create something to display.

well done!
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

That's cool. I've got a ton of old tickets like that. Thanks for sharing!!

Me and the wife have a big glass jar we keep them in.

Have ya added up all the prices on tics? Lol

Be careful adding up all the $$$. Between the races, NFL, NBA, IU basketball, and concerts it is a small fortune!! Some people may get cut-off after the better half has an idea!! lol

When mama found out about the 4 spring/fall tickets for Atlanta, Bristol, Richmond, MIS, Talladega, and 12 tickets to the Brickyard, 14 to the Indy 500, 4 to the World 100, 4 to the Dream, 4 to the US Nationals, 4 to the DTWC, 4 to the North/South, Colts season ticket's, and IU tickets when i can get them she pretty much lost it!! Needless to say the buddies paid up when the bill's came due and she monitored every $$ spent on each trip!! Tread lightly my friends, lol

I write who won on the back of the ticket and the date if its not on the front.

These are all of my ticket stubs from about the time I got out of school until less than 2 weeks ago. There are a few sporting events and concert ticket stubs mixed in with the pile but the vast majority are racing event ticket stubs.

I don't even want to know how much money this pile represents!

Found an old flyer announcing a race @ atomic speedway (OH) thur. may 14th 1954! They had a $3000 purse for the race. $3.00 admission!!

haha, add up the prices? what a buzzkill that would be. I can't even imagine how many tickets never made it home. The ratio would be high.

All I can say is WOW! to CIRF. That's truly impressive! I'm pretty sure there are many 4Mers in here that smoked my racing events attended number. My daughter has my concert ticket collection, I think it was around 175 stubs. She was amazed with her dad seeing everything from Aerosmith to ZZ Top. She said "Dad, you saw Queen for less than the handling surcharge cost from StubHub today!" I had to ponder that for a couple seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    PennDirt:

I'm gonna use your example for inspiration. been saving event stubs from all sorts of family event things as my two daughters have grown up. 20+ years of memories stashed in cigar boxes. also knox lm nats stubs for every night, every year with my dad. time to create something to display.

well done!
    Those are treasures, certainly. I lost my father April 2015 and I'd say half those stubs pictured here represent him being in attendance. He couldn't wait to retire early just to get caught up on racing. My fav stubs are the Challenger Raceway ones. That was his favorite track. The MACS series was dear to him and he attended all 13 Fall Fest and every day it ran. So I can totally relate to your pristine record of the Knoxville Nats and doing it with the best race fan that every set foot on the earth.

I'm sad he's gone but thankful for the memories.
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

I have a lot of old Mid American Auto Racing News issues still yet. Ranging clear back to 1975. Anyone interested in buying them? Just think of all of those old race results and pictures you would be getting!

I have most or all of them from 1976 clear into the early 1990's.

Quote Originally Posted by PennDirt View Post
    haha, add up the prices? what a buzzkill that would be. I can't even imagine how many tickets never made it home. The ratio would be high.

All I can say is WOW! to CIRF. That's truly impressive! I'm pretty sure there are many 4Mers in here that smoked my racing events attended number. My daughter has my concert ticket collection, I think it was around 175 stubs. She was amazed with her dad seeing everything from Aerosmith to ZZ Top. She said "Dad, you saw Queen for less than the handling surcharge cost from StubHub today!" I had to ponder that for a couple seconds.

Those are treasures, certainly. I lost my father April 2015 and I'd say half those stubs pictured here represent him being in attendance. He couldn't wait to retire early just to get caught up on racing. My fav stubs are the Challenger Raceway ones. That was his favorite track. The MACS series was dear to him and he attended all 13 Fall Fest and every day it ran. So I can totally relate to your pristine record of the Knoxville Nats and doing it with the best race fan that every set foot on the earth.

I'm sad he's gone but thankful for the memories.
    Penn, Challenger was great track. And yes sir, memories of our fathers, that at least I took for granted, sure cherish them now. Mine passed in Feb 13.

He seemed invincible, thought he'd live to be like 90, and took great care of himself, but cancer had other ideas.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I've got random ones, I'm sure if I dig around, I can find most of them I hope. Lernerville, Eldora, PRP, Atomic/KC, etc.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I've got many stubs from over the years

Use too do big shows .. (Bands) Did Ozzy Osbourne in a big out door show .. He was toasted.. Told him I was a Big Fan. He pulled my back stage pass out of the holder. Signed it spit on it and gave it back too me.. Grouse I know But had people offer me a 1000 bucks too buy it....Had over 300 Back stage pass from when i did, and worked for some shows .....Was Mad when house burned down and they went up in flames...

I got a lot of my "big race" Ticket stubs in a photo album.
    If your getting passed,YOUR AS SLOW AS ME !!!!