Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who is replacing Paul Wilmoth as driver for Eric Hudkins racing?

Who is replacing Paul as driver or is Hudkins going to sale everything?

Mike Benedum would be my guess. Been in the car since Hudkins and Wilmoth split. Gonna be in the car this weekend.

I wondered if he may be a short term fill in. It doesn't appear they are going to continue running the woo tour at least they haven't the past couple shows. Where are they running this week?

Where are they running this week? I assume Tyler County? I know they're doing Atomic for the Buckeye Nationals next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by WVdirtguy1 View Post
    Who is replacing Paul as driver or is Hudkins going to sale everything?
    If the man was smart he would sell the Bloomquist stuff, get either Longhorns or Rockets they are basically the same now and put the Hawkins Brothers in the cars and he will get the results he wants!!! I guarantee these results

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    If the man was smart he would sell the Bloomquist stuff, get either Longhorns or Rockets they are basically the same now and put the Hawkins Brothers in the cars and he will get the results he wants!!! I guarantee these results
    Agreed x 1000000. Those boys are wheel men, and would be competitive anywhere, especially around the MOV.

yea I have wondered why Wilmoth quit the Rockets when he had so much success in them.

Hawkins would put that car in the front, me & my buddy been talking about that past couple weeks. I like benedum & wilmoth but they are past they're prime.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    The problem ain't the cars now, he needs a driver. If he gets a good driver and runs like sh!t, then could be the case. But if Landers can run the most consistent he ever has, that's saying something.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    The problem ain't the cars now, he needs a driver. If he gets a good driver and runs like sh!t, then could be the case. But if Landers can run the most consistent he ever has, that's saying something.
    Landers has brought Bloomer a ton of Backing which I am sure has lead Bloomer to help Landers a ton more than he would anyone else. CPS and Mark Martin came from Landers. I don't doubt that with the right help the Hawkins brothers could drive those cars too, they are true racers!!!!

Mike Benedum drove it at Atomic a couple weekends ago. He was driving the wheels off the car. Hope to see him get that ride. Always a tough competitor where ever he goes.
    Next Race: 3/31/18 "Bunny 20's" with Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds and Sport Mods
    *We will also be having an Easter Egg Hunt @ 3:00 so bring the kids out for a fun and enjoyable Saturday night as we open the 2018 race season*

Check out all pictures from Atomic Speedway on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/luvracinBig...?ref=bookmarks

**Atomic Speedway Official Track Photographer**

Looks to me like Benedum is the driver. I mean, he's been the driver since Wiltmoth didn't work out.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

There's rumors Benedum is the driver until Hudkins finds a permanent driver, which is supposedly a bigger named driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    There's rumors Benedum is the driver until Hudkins finds a permanent driver, which is supposedly a bigger named driver.
    I think it'd be cool if he tabbed Tim Fuller as the driver and brought him back to late models.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I think it'd be cool if he tabbed Tim Fuller as the driver and brought him back to late models.
    I still want it to be Jared Hawkins but Fuller would be an excellent choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    I still want it to be Jared Hawkins but Fuller would be an excellent choice.
    I'd love to see Jared Hawkins in the car too. Jared Miley would be cool, too.

John Blankenship would be the hot shoe

That's as good a choice as any, but it's gonna take some time to knock the rust off.

Quote Originally Posted by Harper00HFan View Post
    John Blankenship would be the hot shoe
    Perfect pick for that car. I had kinda forgotten about him.

Davey J is on the sidelines too, he would be a step up from Wilmoth and Benedum. I don't see him being a serious contender at the national level anymore though if that's what Hudkins is looking for. Stranger things have happen though.

Benedum is pretty well known, I don't know who would be a "bigger" name.

Whoever he puts in the car. They need to race around here in PA/OH/WV area before they decide to go hit the road.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 05-05-2016 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Perfect pick for that car. I had kinda forgotten about him.

Davey J is on the sidelines too, he would be a step up from Wilmoth and Benedum. I don't see him being a serious contender at the national level anymore though if that's what Hudkins is looking for. Stranger things have happen though.

Benedum is pretty well known, I don't know who would be a "bigger" name.

Whoever he puts in the car. They need to race around here in PA/OH/WV area before they decide to go hit the road.
    The guys you mentioned above are bigger names than Mike Benedum. No knock on Benedum, but he's not Davey J, Blankenship, etc.. I've just heard that it's someone of that caliber.