Thread: two blade fan ?

Default two blade fan ?

please tell me about using a two blade fan. mod on alcky. I don't need as much cooling. do you cut a four blade? do you take a four blade apart? can you buy a proven part? HELP PLEASE

Run plastic on alky

I sell two blade 18"-19" $60 ea shipped

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Run plastic on alky

I sell two blade 18"-19" $60 ea shipped
    Jeff, did you do any testing on the dyno to see if there is any difference between the 2 blade and 4 blade?

I tested 5 different fans but that was 4 yrs ago before people started running the 2 blade. Eric

For a relatively proven 2-blade, I would go with something like this:
    http://store.crateinsider.com/2-blad...ltiple-colors/

Not endorsing it, just giving you the answer you were looking for. Personally, I'll sacrifice 5HP to have my motor running 20-40 degrees cooler.

Now I realize that I just referred you to a "crate" website and SCD is sure to jump on me (;;-), buddy) but cooling is cooling and a balanced fan is a balanced fan.
    Last edited by Matt49; 05-10-2016 at 08:37 PM.

I've heard similar reports. I'd experiment myself but we are only allowed to run a steel 4-blade fan.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    No fan to a 2 blade on a chassis dyno was only 6 hp difference to the rear wheels... according to the guy that owns the chassis dyno I use and has done the comparison several times for several people.
    thats good to know. When I was testing fans 6hp loss was about the best I could come up with. The nylon flex fan that weighs like 8oz or something was one of the worst ones that I tested.
    Thanks, Eric

When running the 2 blade fan, should I use a shroud? Don't have one now with GM 4 blade.