Default Mav tv Coverage of Lucas oil

Has anyone else noticed when they switch to an in car camera view, they use the same engine noises from what sounds a small slick racetrack.
    Watching the East Bay coverage, and even Golden Isle and it is a hammer down fast racetrack, there is no way they are the engines sound like that recording, and every car uses the same recording.
    Do the ION cameras not record sound?
    I would love to hear Bloomer and Davenport's throttle control.

Unless the drivers have requested that on in-car shots, they not record their throttle habits.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

I've noticed the in-car audio is always off. Not sure if it's audio from the wrong car or canned audio.

That sounds Bloomer-isk thou doesnt it?

I bet he requested that, not to reveal his secrets...

Just say no...

My bet is that it's in-car audio. I saw raw footage of a sprint car time trialing at Knoxville when it was still "hammer-down" and the drivers still work the throttle in the corner. It's amazing how much they are on and off the throttle but it doesn't sound like it sitting in the stands.

Last couple I watched the sound was off so far they were idling down the straights and hammer down in the corners.

Just read an interview with Ralph Shaheen and he said the tv announcers are not even at the track in most cases and they do the play by play in the studio.. i always kinda thought that , but never had anyone tell me that for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by highgroove View Post
    Just read an interview with Ralph Shaheen and he said the tv announcers are not even at the track in most cases and they do the play by play in the studio.. i always kinda thought that , but never had anyone tell me that for sure...
    Espn is starting to do this for some of their Live broadcasts of lesser college basketball games

I hauled oneal up to Knoxville one time had 305 sprints too. I think I could run the hauler faster than they were goin with those wings. wide open all the time.

Why are they still just showing races from East Bay from Feb?

A friend of mine has a ION cam, it records sound. Not sure what the deal is with that being messed up, it's almost annoying.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gspmqlQmMy0

The video of my friend riding with his ION cam.