Default Kentucky Klassic

Found something at a yard sale today so Ive got a question. Who won the 1988 Kentucky Klassic at Barren County Speedway??
    ImBored

probably Mike Jewell

I'm guessing Black Jack or Bloomquist. I was probably there.

Billy Moyer (Car City-Larry Shaw) was the winner in 1988 followed by Jeff Purvis (Phoenix Construction-Rayburn) and John Gill (MasterSbilt house car). The race was held on a Sunday night after being rained out the night before.

That was the year Barren County had a chassis challenge. Gill won that one.

The track had been one of the first UMP sanctioned tracks but in 1988 went I in sanctioned. Gill and Purvis were on Hoosiers while Moyer bolted on a set of McCreary's and drove away. The other drive I remember running McCreary's that night was Pepper Newby who came out of the consi and finished fourth or fifth.

I hope that helps.

I could probly still find you a few Mcrearys around somewhere.

Stephensburg Ky. of all places, I stopped at a yard sale in parking lot of a closed down gas station, a red jacket caught my eye. Went to look at it, it had the Mastersbilt logo on rt front, thought cool, took it off the rack, Coca-Cola on left front, I thought that's neat, turned to look at the back and I about took a bathroom break in my pants...Barren County Speedway...7th Annual Kentucky Klassic...1988...Glasgow Kentucky. Its too small for me, but this jacket is spotless, it looks like its never been worn...Im kind of a Happy Camper right now!!!! Thanks for the info PAL-U and others.
    ImBored