Thread: caster camber

Default caster camber

whats everybody using for caster camber setups on a chevelle stub and would these #s change for a new 14yearold driver-- 3/8 mediun banked track with new clay that gets rutty and rough --thanks for any help

what steering box and set-up?
    " Most of my drivers have been new to 4 link stuff and I believe most of their chassis issues are really my driver issues....... "

see ya
    johnny v

I personally like a decent amount of caster. 7+ on RF. 3-4 split at most across front. I know a few mods at 12 LF and 15rf. Can't make that up either and running some very light springs as well
    When it seems all eyes are on you when you're wearing a new pair of jeans you wonder why everyone thinks you look so darn good in them. When taking them off you notice the sticker still on the pant leg.

I've been running my caster at 3 lf, 5 RF, and my camber at 5 RF. I had been running 2-3 lf, but I see some newer cars with way more than that, so I set my lf at 6 this year and really like it so far

Wat dose more caster or camber do 4 the car

Caster causes a jacking effect.Meaning as you backsteer it jacks more weight to the l/r.The more caster you run the more effect.It also adds a self centering effect that makes the car more stable in a straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by RCJ View Post
    It also adds a self centering effect that makes the car more stable in a straight line.
    ...assuming caster is the same on both sides. Caster split (more on one side than the other) will cause the car to steer in the opposite direction if you let go of the steering wheel.