Default Georgia racing loses a legend

Got the news that Snooks DeFoor passed away today. It's a sad day for all that knew him and raced with him. He was truly a great guy.

R.I.P. Prayers go out to his family.

Hate to hear that. Talked with Snooks two weeks ago at Gordon Brown's reunion. He had some health issues in recent years but seemed to be doing well. RIP #29.

Rest In Peace Snooks He was a heck of a driver and a hard working man. Prayers for the family

He used to put on a show back in the late 70s driving for bob wright at boyds speedway you had to be a good driver to drive for bob he had good cars too.

Never got to see him race unfortunately. I'm a little too young but I have heard tons of stories and when you talk about the all time greats in this area his name always comes up with the likes Charles Hughes buck simmons Leon Sells just to name a few

Although I never got to see him race, I have heard of him many times. RIP Mr. Defoor.
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

RIP Snooks. Thoughts and prayers for the family.

RIP Snooks. Remember him from the NDRA days.

One of the best that ever raced at atomic speedway TN

He was the original HIGH SiDE Hustler I have saw him run 40 laps and you could not put a sheet of paper between him and the wall we lost a great one.

A very great one ,he is an one of the best I've seen.

Him and Leon Archer would put on a show at Rome with Snooks on top And Archer hugging the inside berm for lap after lap never touching each having the utmost respect for each other then throw in Bud Lunsford Doug Keinmer and others man racing ain't like that no more .Today's generation just think they have saw some racing.

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    Him and Leon Archer would put on a show at Rome with Snooks on top And Archer hugging the inside berm for lap after lap never touching each having the utmost respect for each other then throw in Bud Lunsford Doug Keinmer and others man racing ain't like that no more .Today's generation just think they have saw some racing.
    Yep. Rome in the 70's was the best racing I have seen. Watching Snooks run the highside at Rome was worth the price of admission.

You all are wright about Rome that place was standing room only on Sunday night that may be the best weekly racing it was like that ever week in the 70s I remember snooks better from boyds on Friday night tHey would all be there on Friday nights too.

When I raced back then Rome would run 20 or more races a summer I raced 3 nites a week I can barely make it thru one now with my son of course I was 30 years younger then too.

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    I hear ya. RIP Snooks.

Not gone yet, but heard that Leon Archer is not doing well. Prayers for 222