Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    Tony Izzo said no way he will cancel and reschedule
    Everyone has a price.

The crowds for both events, whether they fall on the same day or not, will undoubtedly be affected as many people cannot afford tickets for two big shows so close to each other, so people will have to choose either way. I really don't think car counts would be affected that much. Who would LaSalle lose for the Rockford show? Certainly Heckenast, maybe Shirley, but the likes of Weaver might choose LaSalle as opposed to the "unknown" at Rockford. It boils down to Dirtcar having to sanction two shows on the same day in the same area, but I believe they're technically two different entities (personnel, etc). Obviously Izzo hasn't been promoting as long as Deery, but it's not like he's new at it either. I give him credit if he stands his ground.

Sounds like "payback" for Izzo running an IMCA sanctioned show last year.

I'd had that same thought Crash 4.

If they run against each other rockford will be lucky to have over 20 cars. WoO should just give tony a break on sanction fee for sprints for a show next year IMO

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    If they run against each other rockford will be lucky to have over 20 cars. WoO should just give tony a break on sanction fee for sprints for a show next year IMO
    Rockford is used to running shows with 10 Cars per class, nothing new to them

^^^^^ That's an unfortunate reality at many tracks nowadays. But on the subject of switching dates, etc., I wanted to mention what is easily overlooked (even by me) and that's the coordinated effort of many to put on any show, let alone one such as the Summer Nationals or a WoO event. There's the staff to work the event, and at LaSalle they appear to have many young workers. That's great for them and the local economy, but telling them they are no longer working on the 30th but are now needed for the 4th (hypothetically speaking) probably would mean far fewer available. There's also food vendors, such as the place that makes the pizza (I know, sounds silly but has to be considered). And probably most significant for the LaSalle show is the fireworks. Izzo is undoubtedly locked into a contract with the fireworks company for the 30th, and good luck finding someone for the 4th now, less than two months out. Who would want to go to a race on the 4th and NOT see fireworks?

[QUOTE=and the ruler of WoO's family doesn't own LaSalle[/QUOTEso they screw izzo

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    ^^^^^ That's an unfortunate reality at many tracks nowadays. But on the subject of switching dates, etc., I wanted to mention what is easily overlooked (even by me) and that's the coordinated effort of many to put on any show, let alone one such as the Summer Nationals or a WoO event. There's the staff to work the event, and at LaSalle they appear to have many young workers. That's great for them and the local economy, but telling them they are no longer working on the 30th but are now needed for the 4th (hypothetically speaking) probably would mean far fewer available. There's also food vendors, such as the place that makes the pizza (I know, sounds silly but has to be considered). And probably most significant for the LaSalle show is the fireworks. Izzo is undoubtedly locked into a contract with the fireworks company for the 30th, and good luck finding someone for the 4th now, less than two months out. Who would want to go to a race on the 4th and NOT see fireworks?
    You make some good valid points but, as far fireworks. I think there would plenty of people to go to the race even if there isn't any fireworks.

Who would want to go to a race on the 4th and NOT see fireworks? me

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    Who would want to go to a race on the 4th and NOT see fireworks? me
    Well you don't count lol, I bet if they raced on the 4th and there were no fireworks place would still be packed for the Summer Nationals race

Yep it sure would

Moved to July 4th, june 30th hell tour running in Springfield MO.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Moved to July 4th, june 30th hell tour running in Springfield MO.
    Where you see the news about Springfield at?
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

thehelltour.com

Just read izzo is co-promoting event in MO.