For Immediate Release
May 10, 2016

Shane Clanton Wins at Ponderosa; Billy Clanton Memorial Next

Zebulon, Georgia (05/10/16) – Shane Clanton powered his Weldbank Energy #25 Capital Race Car/Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model to the $10,000 victory with the World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series on Friday night at Ponderosa Speedway.

Piloting his Capital Race Car #25 Super Late Model, Shane Clanton visited Ponderosa Speedway (Junction City, Kentucky) on Friday night for the World of Outlaws (WoO) Craftsman Late Model Series event. Drawing 29 entries for the Kentucky Klassic, Clanton scored a runner-up finish in his heat behind Dustin Linville. The feature redraw presented Shane with a front-row, starting spot for the feature alongside Gregg Satterlee. Jumping to the lead on the drop of the green flag, Shane led all 50-laps picking up his fourth win of the season with Chris Madden, Gregg Satterlee, Eric Wells, and Don O'Neal trailing him across the finish line.

On Saturday night Clanton headed to Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tennessee) for the Mountain Outlaw 50. With 45 Super Late Models registered, Shane was forced to run the B-Main after coming up just short of a transfer spot in his heat. Failing to secure his spot in his consolation event, Clanton was granted a provisional into the $10,000-to-win show. Starting in 23rd, Shane Clanton improved seven spots in the 50-lapper recording a 16th place finish.

“Friday night couldn’t have gone much better, and then Saturday night it just felt like we were behind the eight ball all night,” said Clanton. “That’s the way it goes sometimes though. I really want to thank all of my great sponsors like Weldbank Energy, Capital Race Cars, Country Pleasin Sausage, Super K Express, Clements Racing Engines, VP Racing Fuels, Hoosier Tire South, and the list just goes on and an of my great supporters.”

Shane is currently in second in the WoO points standings. Full results are available at www.WoOLMS.com.

Shane Clanton will enter a very special event this Saturday night at Senoia Raceway (Senoia, Georgia). The evening will be highlighted by the $5,025-to-win/$400-to-start, Billy Clanton Memorial. The race pays homage to Shane’s late father, and is the most special race of the year for the Zebulon, Georgia driver.

“There’s a lot of special races that we take part in each year, but this one means the most,” notes Clanton. “Last year to win this race meant the world to me, and I’m focused on repeating again this year. It’s very special to have a night dedicated to my dad’s memory, and I can’t say enough thanks to all of the racers and fans, who support this event.”

For more information on the Southern All Star (SAS) Super Late Model Series event, please visit www.SASDirt.com and www.SenoiaRaceway.com .

Shane Clanton would like to thank all of his sponsors including Weldbank Energy, Capital Race Cars, Cooper’s Country Meat Packers, Super K Express, Clements Racing Engines, VP Racing Fuels, Hoosier Tire South, Keyser Manufacturing, GW Performance, Southern Fibernet Inc., Quarter Master, Bert Transmission, Weld Racing, Five Star Stock Car Bodies, Bulldog Rear Ends, Cizmar Racing, CV Products, Brown & Miller Racing Solutions, Simpson Race Products, Integra Racing Shocks, Integra MX Springs, Beyea Custom Headers, Sweet Manufacturing, Peterson Fluid Systems, Driven Oil, Wilwood Brakes, Braille Batteries, Slavic Graphics and Apparel, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Shane Clanton, please visit www.ShaneClanton25.com .