Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Thank you kindly, I will pass that along to her. I will second your feelings regarding a conservative doctor. My wife luckily had a similar situation several years ago where a hasty surgery option would have been a mistake.

Her pain level varies from 5 to 6 up to 8. She is having a tough time not only with the pain but also having to be inactive. She is fanatical about getting things done and sitting or laying around doing heat/ice applications is not her idea of getting things done and that is a bad situation for the likes of her.

At this point the doctors are recommending a vigorous therapy regimen. It's worked for her before but the symptoms weren't as acute or painful as they are with this latest episode. I took her to Mayo Clinic the last time she was having problems and they advised us to go home, get hooked up with a reputable certified therapist for about 2 weeks and see where things stand. The neurosurgeon at Mayo said if no progress was made in 14 days he suggested surgery, any longer than that the nerves would begin to degenerate and there is no revitalizing them when that begins to happen. Mayo is a joint that treats surgery as a last resort 100% of the time. She responded quickly here at home and surgery was avoided, thank God.

She began having symptoms on Tuesday of this week and she is seeing the same therapist as before and the therapist is optimistic that we can avoid surgery again. We shall see, hope she's right.
    I know what you mean laying around and not doing much (other then harassing people like you on 4m lol) that's what's been driving me crazy at times. i have been off work for 3 months so far. I know what you mean about your nerves that's what I'm worried about right now because, my right arm is still weak but, Im probabaly going to have to go back to work in 3 weeks and so what happens.

They sometimes it can take up to a year to fully recover from this. I know that's how long it took my step dad. I hope for the best for your wife and she can avoid surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I know what you mean laying around and not doing much (other then harassing people like you on 4m lol) that's what's been driving me crazy at times. i have been off work for 3 months so far. I know what you mean about your nerves that's what I'm worried about right now because, my right arm is still weak but, Im probabaly going to have to go back to work in 3 weeks and so what happens.

They sometimes it can take up to a year to fully recover from this. I know that's how long it took my step dad. I hope for the best for your wife and she can avoid surgery.
    LOL!! I'll remember that wise crack about harassment. Still LOL!! You keep giving knuckleheads like me the business on here if it tends to keep your spirits up and passes the time.

My wife shares your concerns regarding going back to work. Her health insurance depends on her steady employment and naturally it helps out with the bills and discretionary income that we use to chase racin'!! LOL! We can get by if I have to put her on my individual policy but the loss of her income and the added expense of having her on my health policy would not allow for many of the optional expenditures we enjoy now.

Anyway, thanks for the expression of hope for a recovery minus going under the knife. We send those same wishes back to you, Kid!

https://youtu.be/-12zpyHQ6Xw

Just for you CIRF

Thanks for posting. I'm not a huge winged sprint fan but that was a GOOD race. I'm not at all enamored with the announcer. Too much screaming and yelling. Don't like screamers.

I've seen this website before but it's been quite a while back. Thanks for jogging our memory.

We went to the Springfield Speedway Reunion in the Illinois Building at the State Fairgrounds a couple of years back and got to talk at length with Donnie Beechler. What a nice guy. The last time we had talked to Donnie was at Indy on second day qualifying for the 1998 Indy 500. He had just put the car solidly in the show. Donnie was driving for A.J. Foyt at the time. I had some pictures of Donnie from that year (1998) at Indy and he was interested in seeing them so we put them on a CD and sent them to him. Donnie had just announced his retirement when we saw him at the reunion. I really think the nasty tumble he took in turn 4 while driving the McQuinn Motorsports USAC Silver Crown car at The Springfield Mile in the Bettenhausen Memorial that August prompted his retirement. We must have stood and talked for 1/2 hour or longer and he had his whole family.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Thanks for posting. I'm not a huge winged sprint fan but that was a GOOD race. I'm not at all enamored with the announcer. Too much screaming and yelling. Don't like screamers.

I've seen this website before but it's been quite a while back. Thanks for jogging our memory.

We went to the Springfield Speedway Reunion in the Illinois Building at the State Fairgrounds a couple of years back and got to talk at length with Donnie Beechler. What a nice guy. The last time we had talked to Donnie was at Indy on second day qualifying for the 1998 Indy 500. He had just put the car solidly in the show. Donnie was driving for A.J. Foyt at the time. I had some pictures of Donnie from that year (1998) at Indy and he was interested in seeing them so we put them on a CD and sent them to him. Donnie had just announced his retirement when we saw him at the reunion. I really think the nasty tumble he took in turn 4 while driving the McQuinn Motorsports USAC Silver Crown car at The Springfield Mile in the Bettenhausen Memorial that August prompted his retirement. We must have stood and talked for 1/2 hour or longer and he had his whole family.
    I thought you would like to see the video of the race at Lincoln. It looked like a decent race. There a couple guys in particular that I pay attention and that's Bret Tripplet and A.J. Bruns. I"ve known Bret's family my whole life and A.J dad shop is where I take my vehicles when I need new tires or other things fixed on my vehicles.

I always like looking at the old photo's of springfield speedway. It was always a good time going to the races on Sunday night. my favorite driver at the time was Bubby Jones.