Thread: springs

Default springs

trying to find imfo on the new barrel dual stage springs hyperco has out, anybody trying them, where ya get them. like looking for hens teeth

Quote Originally Posted by rakracing View Post
    trying to find imfo on the new barrel dual stage springs hyperco has out, anybody trying them, where ya get them. like looking for hens teeth
    http://www.hypercoils.com/mph/tech-t...-design-specs/

not sure if that is what your asking

You can accomplish the exact same thing with a dual-rate stack except you have the benefit of being able to adjust where the rate transition occurs.
    The 175/350 would just be a 350/350 stack
    The 200/425 would just be a 375/425 stack

...or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    You can accomplish the exact same thing with a dual-rate stack except you have the benefit of being able to adjust where the rate transition occurs.

You are correct.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    You are correct.
    Are those stacks the usual rates people are using now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtmod13 View Post
    Are those stacks the usual rates people are using now?
    Honestly, I don't know. The LR spring isn't really all that critical, IMO.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post

Yes and no

The transition range is different, those springs have a longer transition zone then a stacked set up typically does. Does it matter and is it worth not being able to adjust when the transition zone starts is the question?

Note: I'm not even sure if that is what the springs/set-up the OP was asking about, he may be talking about something else

thanks guys, that's the imfo I was looking for, I talked to my shock guy at Penske about a dual rate setup for a Penske shock and he said something about them and whos using them, mostly because dual rate aint legal in lucas, he gave me a number of where to get them. there using on the rf and rr.
    Last edited by rakracing; 05-13-2016 at 08:25 PM.

So a stack spring RF is not legal in Lucas according to the guy? Or these dual rate springs are not?
    Last edited by zeroracing; 05-14-2016 at 12:03 AM.

according to him the stacked dual rate is not, the new springs are, I myself don't know

thanks guys, that's the imfo I was looking for, I talked to my shock guy at Penske about a dual rate setup for a Penske shock and he said something about them and whos using them, mostly because dual rate aint legal in lucas, he gave me a number of where to get them. there using on the rf and rr.
    Was this in a follow-up bulletin? It isn't in the first release of the rules.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

masters, I don't know, was what I was told. i've run the dual stack stuff before but was a 400/500 stack don't know if the guys using these new springs are also using a bump because 175/350 sound soft, mainly why I asked if anybody was playing with them.

masters, I don't know, was what I was told. i've run the dual stack stuff before but was a 400/500 stack don't know if the guys using these new springs are also using a bump because 175/350 sound soft, mainly why I asked if anybody was playing with them.
    I would guess that 175/350 would be a RR spring.

Quote Originally Posted by TRocket8 View Post
    I would guess that 175/350 would be a RR spring.
    Both rates can be used in either RF or RR and other places for that matters, but I think many will find that the transition zone is in the wrong place for either corner. One doing too far away and the other being too close. But as with anything what don't work for the way someone else does things may still work for your way or car.

Good luck, they been around way longer then the release date from hyperco shows. There was another company that initially made them (at least similar) and pretty much been thur about all the serious teams hands in some form or the other. I just don't know many that are still using them, but that don't mean they aren't.