Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 201 Speedway

WOW that would be some news.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Thats sad... wth was he thinking?

He comes from a good family. His dad and uncles were hard working men when I was growing up. His uncle Roger cut my hair from the time I was a little boy until I left for college. I hate it for his family.

hear that alot when a criminal gets caught. lol
    Last edited by hipower17; 05-16-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Were you responding to me?

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    He comes from a good family. His dad and uncles were hard working men when I was growing up. His uncle Roger cut my hair from the time I was a little boy until I left for college. I hate it for his family.
    Honestly Norm, just as the other guy said, someone always says they are good people, good family, etc.

Look at the Paducah thread on Facebook, it's not private, you don't need Facebook to see it. One person, oh he's a good guy, give you anything, pray for him, don't bash him. BS, I'd love to see the understanding if it was her husband/relative who got blasted.

No it's not the same, but the comparison is still relevant. Though a lot of people cheat their taxes, just praying they don't get busted. I work with a guy we are just waiting on the day he gets caught so we can laugh our a$$es off. I choose not to, because they will ream you a new one, and I'm honest.
    Last edited by chupp n bloomer fan; 05-17-2016 at 08:54 AM.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I didn't say the guy who committed fraud was a good person. He wouldn't have been indicted if that was the case. I have only met him once in my life. I'm talking about his family. His dad and uncles all ran businesses that were never investigated for fraud. You hate to see a good family name drug through the mud because of the black sheep of the family.

You can't blame an entire family for the actions of an adult.

I like to know why people think they can deposit money just under 10k and get away with it. The bank should file a SAR so it would be looked into now will the feds look into the bank itself. There are things in place to stop the money stiffing or hiding, also you will more than likely not get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    I didn't say the guy who committed fraud was a good person. He wouldn't have been indicted if that was the case. I have only met him once in my life. I'm talking about his family. His dad and uncles all ran businesses that were never investigated for fraud. You hate to see a good family name drug through the mud because of the black sheep of the family.

You can't blame an entire family for the actions of an adult.
    I agree Norm. Sorta misinterpreted what you said.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by jterry0038 View Post
    I like to know why people think they can deposit money just under 10k and get away with it. The bank should file a SAR so it would be looked into now will the feds look into the bank itself. There are things in place to stop the money stiffing or hiding, also you will more than likely not get away with it.
    You mean withdraw? I for one think a person should be able to withdraw any amount of his own money from their bank account. All deposits though should be accounted for.

If they pull you over and you have cash in your car they can take it. Word to the wise keep your cash on hand out of your car. And maybe even out of your house.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    You mean withdraw? I for one think a person should be able to withdraw any amount of his own money from their bank account. All deposits though should be accounted for.

If they pull you over and you have cash in your car they can take it. Word to the wise keep your cash on hand out of your car. And maybe even out of your house.
    You can Clayton. Certain amount, they'll make you set up an appointment, but you most certainly can.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    I agree Norm. Sorta misinterpreted what you said.
    I figured that. No big deal.

The "hipower" guy apparently decided he had stuck his foot in his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    You mean withdraw? I for one think a person should be able to withdraw any amount of his own money from their bank account. All deposits though should be accounted for. If they pull you over and you have cash in your car they can take it. Word to the wise keep your cash on hand out of your car. And maybe even out of your house.
    "Breeding was also indicted for illegally structuring his bank deposits involving more than $100,000.00 in a 12-month period to avoid the IRS being notified of his deposits."

That means he was depositing money under $10,000 each time because anything over that will be reported to the IRS with a form 8300. Still if you make deposit under that several time they should fill a SAR out to report that actively.

If I have money in my car and they pull me over for speed they cannot take your money unless they have a warrant and it has to state in the item list of things they are seizing. If any cop ask for money from you without a warrant you better find you a good lawyer and go after them.
    Last edited by jterry0038; 05-18-2016 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jterry0038 View Post
    "Breeding was also indicted for illegally structuring his bank deposits involving more than $100,000.00 in a 12-month period to avoid the IRS being notified of his deposits."

That means he was depositing money under $10,000 each time because anything over that will be reported to the IRS with a form 8300. Still if you make deposit under that several time they should fill a SAR out to report that actively.

If I have money in my car and they pull me over for speed they cannot take your money unless they have a warrant and it has to state in the item list of things they are seizing. If any cop ask for money from you without a warrant you better find you a good lawyer and go after them.
    Here is a good article for you and others to read JT.

http://www.alternet.org/civil-libert...etting-it-back

It states they was involved in a crime so don't do anything illegal and you will be okay, how hard is that. If your involved with criminal activity then you are taking a chance of losing everything because more than likely you are destroying someones life. Also most state are closing the loophole that allows this to happen without criminal activity.
    Last edited by jterry0038; 05-18-2016 at 05:54 PM.

Civil Asset Forfeiture: 7 Things You Should Know

1. What is civil asset forfeiture?
    Civil asset forfeiture is a legal tool that allows law enforcement officials to seize property that they assert has been involved in certain criminal activity. In fact, the owner of the property doesn’t even need to be guilty of a crime: Civil asset forfeiture proceedings charge the property itself with involvement in a crime. This means that police can seize your car, home, money, or valuables without ever having to charge you with a crime. There are many, many stories of innocent people being stripped of their money and property by law enforcement.

2. Why would we ever do this?
    Today, civil forfeiture is intended to give law enforcement a tool they can use to go after organized crime, including drug dealers and their organizations. While its roots in the common law are deep, modern civil forfeiture is justified primarily on the grounds that it allows law enforcement to seize the assets and ill-gotten gains of these criminals, using the property and proceeds to fight against other alleged criminals. Unfortunately, civil asset forfeiture is also used by law enforcement as a way to generate revenue, and many of its targets are innocent members of the public.

3. But don’t police target only criminals?
    Unfortunately, no. There are many stories of innocent people having their property seized. For example, between 2006 and 2008, law enforcement agents in Tenaha, Texas, engaged in a systematic practice of seizing cash and property from innocent drivers with absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing. In Philadelphia, police seized the home of two sisters whose brother, who did not live there, showed up while trying to evade the cops. In Detroit, cops seized over a hundred cars owned by patrons of an art institute event—because the institute had failed to get a liquor license. You can be totally innocent and still be unable to stop the government from seizing your property.

4. What if I’m innocent? Surely, innocent people can’t have their property taken.
    Being innocent does not mean that a state has to return your property. The Supreme Court of the United States has held that the “innocent owner” defense is not constitutionally required. Furthermore, even in states where you do have an innocent owner defense, the burden is typically on you. Your property is presumed to be guilty until you prove that you are innocent and that your property therefore should not be forfeited. In other words, you must prove (1) that you were not involved in criminal activity and (2) that you either had no knowledge that your property was being used to facilitate the commission of a crime or that you took every reasonable step under the circumstances to terminate such use. And all the while, the police retain your property. To cap it all off, the success rate for winning back property is low. Pragmatic property owners, however innocent, may reason that it is best to cut their losses rather than challenge the forfeiture in court.

5. That’s crazy!!! This can’t happen in my state.
    It might be crazy, but civil asset forfeiture happens in every state in the union. Even if the state has laws that limit it, state and local law enforcement authorities can still seize property by partnering with federal law enforcement officials in a system called “equitable sharing,” and payouts to state and local agencies have increased nearly 250% over a 12-year period.

6. But everybody at least gets their day in court, right?
    No. In fact, the majority of federal civil forfeitures end administratively, meaning that the property is automatically forfeited after a certain period of time because the owner of the property did not challenge the seizure. Forfeiture proceedings might be barred because of waivers procured by law enforcement officials who pressure property owners to renounce ownership of their cars, homes, or money in order to avoid facing (often bogus) criminal charges. This quid pro quo raises serious fundamental questions about the fairness of the process. And if a property owner holds out and goes to court, he or she will face an uphill, costly, and lengthy battle.

7. My state has good forfeiture laws on the books, so none of this is a problem, right?
    Not necessarily. Federal law can do an end run around good state law. A process called equitable sharing allows local law enforcement officials to team up with federal law enforcement agents to seize property under federal forfeiture law that could not be seized under applicable state forfeiture law. Through equitable sharing, local law enforcement agencies pocket a portion of the proceeds from the seizure and the feds keep the rest. This is a way for local law enforcement to circumvent state law and continue to profit from civil asset forfeitures.

I don't think you are reading the articles!

You know laws change everyday. How about reading up on the Asset Forfeiture Program on the Department of Justice website and you will see that the only way they can keep the asset is if they are convicted and incarcerated specific individuals. Again don't involved with criminal activity and you have nothing to worry about. Also states are closing the loophole Nebraska, Oklahoma and Michigan are three state that is pass bills to close it.

Enjoy life and don't commit a crime and you will be fine.

So, The big question is: Was 201 seized and will it continue to operate?? And check this guy's background, won't be the first time he's done a little jail time.