Default 410 Wingless Sprint Cars-Vermillion County Speedway Friday May 20th

Wingless 410 sprint cars will be in action at The Vermillion County Speedway near Danville, Illinois this coming Friday, May 20th. Bloomington Speedway in Indiana is off on May 20th so there should be a pretty decent car count.

For those of you who enjoy wingless 410 sprint cars as we do here is a chance to support them and Vermillion County Speedway at the same time. The last couple of wingless shows at VCS were some good racing.

Here's a link to the schedule page on VCS website:http://www.vermilioncountyspeedway.net/schedule/

We'll be there! Hope there is a good crowd on hand.

Usac sprints at i 69 speedway may 20 th

I recently commented on a post about bringing more Sprint Car races to Illinois Tracks. I would love to go to VCS and watch the 410's on May 20th. BUT...I probably will not. Gas City's event is USAC sanctioned with a $5,000 to win with a really good pay down.

Although I commend the efforts of VCS to bring back some Sprint Car racing back to the Land of Lincoln, I'm afraid this particular event was not well planned. I feel the car count will not be very good at VCS simply because they need the Indiana Boys to come over. Gas City is too easy of a choice for most of the guys running a 410 Non-Wing.

I have said for a long time that promoters need to look at schedules of other tracks and try not to duplicate dates. For instance, last Friday, May 13th, both USAC and MSCS had an off weekend. Would that not have been a better choice of dates for VCS to run a 410 NW Special. They are posting $1,200 to win with a fairly decent pay down. Had this been planned for a weekend that did not interfere with the other 2 sanctioning bodies, they may have had a chance for decent car count. I say good luck to VCS, BUT I say it with some serious doubts about potential car count. Since I am 3 hours from Gas City I will likely go watch the Power I Midgets at Fayette County Speedway instead (only an hour away). I am pretty confident I will see a decent car count there.

As I said in the original post, Bloomington is off Friday night and LPS runs on Saturday nights. Depending on how many cars go to Gas City for the USAC show there is the potential for many of the Bloomington regulars to opt for VCS. We shall see.

I wish we lived closer to Gas City. The only support class is the mortifieds for the USAC National Sprint Cars. Unfortunately Gas City is 4 1/2 hours one way and Danville is just under 2 hours one way.

The only real down side to the VCS show is 4 support classes. Uggg!!

poor thing don't like support classes

We're fine with support classes. That is if they run the headliner division A-main that we came to see first. Too many times the track is worn out by the support classes running their features first and the headline division has no racetrack to race on when the time comes to run their A-main.

It's for that exact expressed reason we go to as many Indiana Sprint Week shows as possible. If memoriy serves me I believe some of those shows have no support classes and most have only 1.

We fully understand and appreciate the reason for support classes and some of them, such as the wingless mini-sprints, put on a great show. But I've also seen the scenario play, out as I stated above, where the track is worn out and we don't get home until the wee hours of the morning due to the support classes being able to run only a lap and a half at a time without the yellow coming out and running the headliner divisions last.

Nonetheless, we'll be at VCS Friday night to enjoy and support the wingless 410's. Here in late model country we don't get to see the 410 sprint cars all that often and when we get the chance we support them.
    Last edited by CIRF; 05-19-2016 at 09:39 AM.

The sprint car show at Vemillion County Speedway is rained out. Was looking forward to this event.