FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 17, 2016

Chase Junghans Registers Runner-Up Finish in Billy Clanton Classic

Manhattan, Kansas (05/17/16) – Chase Junghans powered his #18 Shop Quik Racing/Capital/Jay D ickens Racing Engine Super Late Model to a runner-up finish in the annual Billy Clanton Classic at Senoia Raceway on Saturday evening.

With the World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series having an off weekend, Chase Junghans traveled to Senoia Raceway (Senoia, Georgia) on Saturday night for the Southern All Star (SAS) Series sanctioned, Billy Clanton Classic. Competing in a field of 26-entries, Junghans was in contention for the lead late in the A-Main. Making the pass for the 2nd-position with 5-laps to go, Chase ultimately registered a runner-up finish behind Shane Clanton with Riley Hickman, Richie Stephens, and Frank Heckenast Jr. rounding out the top five.

“I was closing in on (Riley) Hickman for the lead and was trying to find the best line, and then Shane (Clanton) snuck past both of us,” commented Junghans. “I wanted the win, but I’ll take a second-place run. This car was really good tonight, and the track was phenomenal. I really had a blast out there.”

For full results from this event, please visit www.SASDirt.com .

Chase will not race anywhere this weekend as he gets ready for a busy stretch of action. On Tuesday, May 24 he will compete at I-80 Speedway (Greenwood, Nebraska) with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series in a $10,000-to-win affair. From there the team will head east as they prepare for a Memorial Day weekend, triple header with the World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series. Action opens on Friday, May 27 at Moler Raceway Park (Williamsburg, Ohio). Saturday and Sunday, May 28-29 will take the team to Tyler County Speedway (Middlebourne, West Virginia) for the Jackpot 100. For more information on the events, please visit www.LucasDirt.com and www.WoOLMS.com .

Chase Junghans would like to thank his principal and associate sponsors including Shop Quik Convenience Stores, Sunoco Race Fuels, Junghans Discount Liquors, Paulson Rock Products, Hoosier Tire, Jay D ickens Racing Engines, Hooker Harness, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Shocks and Springs, Wiles Driveshafts, Speedway Motors, PRC, Sweet Manufacturing, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest team news and updates on Chase Junghans and Shop Quik Racing please visit www.ChaseJunghans.com .