Default Summernationals Drivers???

These are who I have found running the full tour or at least a large portion of it so far. Please add any...

Ryan Unzicker
    Bobby Pierce
    Kevin Weaver (Majority)
    Jason Feger (Majority)
    Shannon Babb
    Timothy Culp
    Mike Spatola (About half)
    Scott Schmitt (About half)
    Mckay Wenger (Unknown amount)
    Last edited by thexfactor0210; 05-17-2016 at 01:01 PM.

Weaver usually has the majority on his schedule but backs out after the first couple of races if not going well. The weekly points system for this year could change that and attract a different group of drivers.

maybe Eddie Carrier Jr... just a thought since he's not on a tour

I could see Moyer Sr running a bunch this year. Should be good counts the week with WOO overlap.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    Would be cool to see Devin Moran & Eddie Carrier Jr. on the tour but I don't see that happening mostly because of Buckeye speed week that happens around the same time as the summer nationals. I could see drivers jumping on tour for a week at a time due to the way the champion ship payout is with not only a tour champion but also a champion for each week of the tour. personally I'd like to see the champion get about $30k-$40k and each week champ get $5k-$7K now that would possibly attract a few big names not on a national tour.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Gordy Gundaker running tour

Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    There are a bunch of solid purse races and one great purse race much closer to home during that time that I doubt he'd even consider it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Until Sam ups the ante for the points title, I don't see to many guys running the whole series anymore. Doesn't mean guys won't follow the tour, but rather hit shows that are in their area. Nothing wrong with the race purse amount. Just need to make the points title more lucrative.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Until Sam ups the ante for the points title, I don't see to many guys running the whole series anymore. Doesn't mean guys won't follow the tour, but rather hit shows that are in their area. Nothing wrong with the race purse amount. Just need to make the points title more lucrative.
    Exactly, the money just isn't there for more guys to run the whole deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Anymore? This tour always had maybe 3/4 drivers run all the events.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    Anymore? This tour always had maybe 3/4 drivers run all the events.
    Ha, maybe ages ago. Those numbers have been falling for years. Lately it's been only around 6-7guys. This year it will probably be less than that.
    I'm sure the car counts will be good but perfect attendance is a thing of the past sorry to say.
    8/13/16

I'll bet you see maybe 5 or 6 guys do the whole deal...Summernationals just aint what it used to be.

A lot of drivers didn't follow the whole tour for quite some time now. It's still the best bank for your buck, if you want to watch Late Models in the Midwest. 5k week day shows and 10k weekends draw good cars, even if they don't follow the whole tour.

I was disappointed at the $10,000 to win Farley show that I saw last year. Good cars in attendance, just not very many, even for 10K on the line. I don't fault SPI at all as they're the only people in Eastern Iowa supporting Open Late Model Racing. I will try to make it back for a few of the shows at SPI tracks this Summer.

I think Jim Moon will run most, if not all the events.

well I'm excited... just the DoD video alone is worth it...

Quote Originally Posted by BirkyTime15B View Post
    I was disappointed at the $10,000 to win Farley show that I saw last year. Good cars in attendance, just not very many, even for 10K on the line. I don't fault SPI at all as they're the only people in Eastern Iowa supporting Open Late Model Racing. I will try to make it back for a few of the shows at SPI tracks this Summer.
    That race was pretty dull, but it was more track than anything else. It rubbered down before half way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    That race was pretty dull, but it was more track than anything else. It rubbered down before half way.
    Plus they ran the IMCA feature first which really ruined the track. Promoters need to learn that the first feature should always be the headliner. It's the least they can do to try to put on a good race for the fans. The track prep was lacking for sure.

Like I said earlier, if 5/6 run the whole thing it will be more than what was doing it 20 years ago. People seem to have the same type view toward the national touring series, if the WoO or Lucas series has 8/9 run the whole thing people will claim its falling a part from what it use to be. Does anyone know that the HAV-A-TAMPA series only had 4 drivers run the whole series in 1995? Or 6/7 that ran the whole HAV-A-TAMPA tour in 1997? I bet none are aware of that. The old STARS series usually had no more 5/6 drivers run the whole series.