Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jack Boggs Death

He was my first "hero" in dlm racing. I only knew until today, that he was murdered. The supposedly court documents I found has severely tainted my views of him.

Does anyone know what actually happened?
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

You read the documents and still don't know?

The court documents I read were clearly conclusive as to what circumstances let up to the murder.

(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) drugs have ruined many people. jack was one of the best.

Default Long Live the Legend of "Black Jack" Boggs B4. RIP Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    He was my first "hero" in dlm racing. I only knew until today, that he was murdered. The supposedly court documents I found has severely tainted my views of him.

Does anyone know what actually happened?
    Well sadly Jack isnt around to tell his version. My bet is there was NO rape, probably something as common as two people comfortable with each other drank too much and ended up taking a roll in the hay. Not that this is okay, but its kinda common, heck my brother in-law was drinking with his wife and her sister and wifey got tired and went to bed. A little while later she got up to check on them and he's steady drilling the sister on the couch. The wife freaks and suddenly the sister decides she hadn't consented and he gets the boot from the house...

My bet, if you read between the lines, is either the next day the wife felt guilty or she wanted to hurt her spouse for something or he found Jacks undies in the bedroom, who knows? For some reason only she knows, she told hubby that Jack had repeatedly raped her on multiple occasions. This just doesn't wash, who lets the rapists come back for seconds and thirds? So now hubby is fired up at his friend and ends up murdering Jack.

My bet is the rape story was something they cooked up to help the husbands defense after he found out Jack could lay pipe better than he could. I remember when all this happened, I worked at a company that supplied parts for Jack's racing and the info we were getting changed everyday.

Jack was no saint, he was just a man, but a phenomenal race car driver for sure. He boinked his friends wife(so we are led to believe), multiple times, and hubby retaliated. Its a dangerous endeavor for anyone, husbands don't take that news so well. Remember racers are by and large thrill seeking, so danger is its own drug too and that generation had several characters exploring all sorts of dare devilish behavior. Some died, some went to prison and some went to rehab.

A lot of write ups on this a few months ago on here too. Forget what thread but a lot of speculation and stories there. No one will ever know the truth; There is always 3 sides to the story, and the truth usually isn't ever really known.

Seems like the question of what happened will never be answered but I will tell you one thing... murders that happen are caused mostly because of one of three things: Money, Drugs or Sex. Pretty much every single time. Be careful out there

Really a shame what happened to Jack, a loss for the sport as a whole. Even though they weren't super close, you gotta think Jackie would be more of a player on a national level with Blackjack around.

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    Seems like the question of what happened will never be answered but I will tell you one thing... murders that happen are caused mostly because of one of three things: Money, Drugs or Sex. Pretty much every single time. Be careful out there
    3 reasons to get up in the morning

I feel sorry for the kids that's lost their father

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    You read the documents and still don't know?
    He doesnt comprehend very well golddirt.

I never was a real fan of Jack, until one day I read about the murder and the circumstances. It's seems that I awoke then to how special this guy was to dirt late models. He had gotten on top of the DLM racing scene by winning the top Crown Jewel races and then fallen to the bottom and not winning anymore. In the spring of his last year, things were looking up it appeared as Jack was making a bit of a comeback at the Winter nationals and looking forward to a comeback season possibly. Then I read this article about what happened to him and was very saddened. Also then I realized just how special this guy was. I was sad that I was not going to get to see him anymore. He was not perfect off the track and sometimes on the track but he was one of the best ever in dirt racing.

I still miss him and wish he was still here.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 05-18-2016 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    He doesnt comprehend very well golddirt.
    All that is known, is the husbands and wifes version. It may or may not be the TRUTH!

Is there not a "crime of passion" defense in Ky?
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

It's still a crime even if it was a crime of passion, so you still have to serve time for it. You just don't get the death penalty. It can be manslaughter, wanton murder, reckless, different levels to fit the crime.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    It's still a crime even if it was a crime of passion, so you still have to serve time for it. You just don't get the death penalty. It can be manslaughter, wanton murder, reckless, different levels to fit the crime.
    The documents that are online are part of the husbands appeal. It looks like he still got 20 years, that's a lot for "crime of passion"

He's probly out now. Does anyone know?
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Unless you can prove you were defending yourself or your family, you're probably going to have to serve time. He appealed wanting the "In defense of others" as his defense, but the judge and jury aren't going to go for that when your wife isn't even in the same state at the time and therefore not in imminent danger.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Unless you can prove you were defending yourself or your family, you're probably going to have to serve time. He appealed wanting the "In defense of others" as his defense, but the judge and jury aren't going to go for that when your wife isn't even in the same state at the time and therefore not in imminent danger.
    Cant say I blame the guy if his version is true! Any parent probly would have done the same thing to protect their children.

I guess the old saying is true .......a dead man can't tell his side of the story.
    Last edited by a25rjr; 05-18-2016 at 07:46 PM.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

That guy is such an idiot to believe his wife. Raped several times on several occasions...Really??? Hope the s.o.b hangs. Long live Black Jack Boggs
    Last edited by dirtdobber45; 05-18-2016 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Cant say I blame the guy if his version is true! Any parent probly would have done the same thing to protect their children.
    Id destroy somebody over my kids but thats not the case here. Its over a cheatin slut that lied to cover her a$$ and got a man killed. She should be charged for accessory. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Id destroy somebody over my kids but thats not the case here. Its over a cheatin slut that lied to cover her a$$ and got a man killed. She should be charged for accessory. IMO
    Her story definitely smells fishy! I cant believe a wife could hold that back from her husband that many times.

Theres a topic online about this, and a person who claims to be the daughter, says she doesn't know about any of this. She's the only one truly suffering from this. Cant imagine putting my kid through this!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!