Default LaSalle Lucas race

Am I reading their website right that they are charging $35 to get in?

Quote Originally Posted by SHOESTRING TRVLR View Post
    Am I reading their website right that they are charging $35 to get in?
    yep....it was only a matter of time. At least Izzo will provide a good racing surface.

Shoestring, looks to be $35 for general admission and $45 for a pit pass. I don't believe there's ever a bad race there, especially with LOLMDS drivers, but in looking at your screen name I'm guessing you won't be going?

There are bad races at lasalle that's my home track... That being said couldn't be any worse then tonight's race.

It's my home track too! And obviously my opinion as well, and we both know what those are worth.

Been there many a times over the years. Seen good and bad races there. Don't judge my screen name, chub frank was one of my favorites, hence the shoestring Traveler. I can well afford to go, but man when you got a track that does not have weekly racing cause they can't get cars and fans. Why gouge them when they have a special. I see they want $30 for the $5000 sn race.

Not judging, but understandably so $35 is a lot of money for many people. Add a couple hot dogs and a few beers and you've made a decent investment. The purse is more now too isn't it? I don't remember what admission was for the Thaw Brawl and that was a record crowd. You can factor in things like graduations/parties this time of the year but the LOLMDS is obviously a big draw and the weather is supposed to be great. Hopefully you make it out. I still say it'll be a good race!

Quote Originally Posted by MUD MAESTRO View Post
    yep....it was only a matter of time. At least Izzo will provide a good racing surface.
    Guess you weren't at The Thaw Brawl, especially Friday night when the track condition was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Guess you weren't at The Thaw Brawl, especially Friday night when the track condition was horrible.
    Now be fair.......been attending La Salle specials for a long time and rarely seen a bad race due to poor track conditions.

Izzo gets it right consistently and the touring pros luv to race there.

i'm looking forward to handing them my $35.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    i'm looking forward to handing them my $35.
    I'll also be there, for 35 bucks I hope the track will be better prepared than it was fro the March race.
    Last edited by ptown; 05-21-2016 at 09:22 AM.

hell anybody home it was March early season race track surfaces are a crap shoot heck even May tracks can be bad also

We'll be at La Salle, too. Especially looking forward to seeing some great dirt late model racin' since Vermillion County was rained out last night. $35.00 for general admission is just a bit steep but until we absolutely can't afford it anymore we'll continue to attend these shows. The alternative to supporting these events is possibly losing our racetrack forever. As long as we can swing it I'd rather pay a few bucks more than maybe we're comfortable paying than to not have the speedway around to go to.

As far as track conditions at La Salle are concerned we go all the way back to when the place was built and was called Tommy's Speedway owned by Tommy Glynn in the mid to late 80's. There have been nights when the track was less than great over the years, but the vast majority of the events held at La Salle have been run on an above average racing surface. I will bet that will again be the case for the Lucas Oil event.

Hope to see ya'll at La Salle!!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    We'll be at La Salle, too. Especially looking forward to seeing some great dirt late model racin' since Vermillion County was rained out last night. $35.00 for general admission is just a bit steep but until we absolutely can't afford it anymore we'll continue to attend these shows. The alternative to supporting these events is possibly losing our racetrack forever. As long as we can swing it I'd rather pay a few bucks more than maybe we're comfortable paying than to not have the speedway around to go to.

As far as track conditions at La Salle are concerned we go all the way back to when the place was built and was called Tommy's Speedway owned by Tommy Glynn in the mid to late 80's. There have been nights when the track was less than great over the years, but the vast majority of the events held at La Salle have been run on an above average racing surface. I will bet that will again be the case for the Lucas Oil event.

Hope to see ya'll at La Salle!!
    CIRF right,I guess you can pay a little more now or pay for gas to travel to another track one day when your local track is closed down.