Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Adding droop at the track can be a pretty effective adjustment as the track slicks off. Adds rear steer, adds LR anti-squat, raises vertical CoG raises rear deck height. All good things in slick track conditions.

I agree, i add for the slick usually. I was told that was backwards...loose roll steer.

I guess there is a point at which the advantages, starts to turn into disadvantages, via dding to much droop.

Just say no...

I personally think the term "loose roll steer" is a misnomer and confuses people. You WANT roll steer when the track is slick. As opposed to having to slide the tires sideways to change the direction of the car. On a slick track, once you've started sliding, you can forget having any forward bite to get you off the corner.
    Watch the best in the business and their car is never actually sideways in the corner when the track is slick. If it looks sideways, that's purely the way it is tracking due to the roll steer. The rear tires are almost always pointed the direction the car is going. Very limited slip angle maximizes grip.

It appears to me, the cars are getting more and more hike, and still have plenty of drive off. If you look at some of the pics, the lr upper bar angle seems to be a lot more than in the past.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Yes, more hike, more rod angle, to work harder against the right front stack, thats how i see it anyway.

Bloomquist was the last hold out on lower LR hike. Now he is hiking it up a lot more for all the benefits Matt49 posted earlier. Last year his car was lower on the LR, and just didnt seem to be able to drive as hard off the corners as others.

I agree with Matt49 too, there cars arnt sideways, there just "dog tracking" thru the corners. Sliding is out, and slow.

Just say no...

So where do you think max bar angle should stop? For ever the rule of thumb was don't go over 47 degrees. Some cars look like they are almost 90.

I noticed that too, the last stand is over indexing the cage, so i guess that is the limit.

Seems like some are running more lower bar angle to help stop over indexing the cage, so they can gain more total angle in the top bar.

Just say no...

Just curious what everyone is running on the left rear upper angle at ride height and also at full hike. Been playing with some things just wondering if I am getting too far.