Default What Racing Is Everyone Going To Attend Over Memorial Day Weekend?

Where and what racing is everyone going to attend over Memorial Day Weekend?

Barring any unforeseen problems or inclement weather we'll be starting our Memorial Day Weekend racing enjoyment on the Wednesday prior to Memorial Day.

Heading out with the camper for Terre Haute, IN at noon on Wednesday to enjoy the Hulman Classic USAC National Sprint Car race at The Action Track. We'll spend the night at the Action Track on the Wabash Valley Fairgrounds.

Thursday morning we'll pack up and head for Speedway, IN and set up the camper in the back yard of some very good friends who live less than 3 blocks from turn 4 of Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Later Thursday afternoon after we get set up we'll head to The Indiana State Fairgrounds and the 1 mile dirt track for the 63rd annual Hoosier Hundred. This is a special event for us since it involves the USAC Silver Crown series. Our favorite type of race car on our favorite type of track.

Friday evening we'll go out to Clermont, IN to Lucas Oil Raceway park for the USAC Silver Crown race on the famous 3/4 mile asphalt.

Saturday night we'll head an hour or so North of Indianapolis to Anderson Speedway for the 68th annual Little 500 featuring the wingless 410 sprint cars. There will be 33 cars starting in 11 rows of 3 just like on the big Speedway to the South. We are not big asphalt racing fans but this is a must see event for any true race fan. 33 cars, 500 laps on a highly banked 1/4 mile race track with green flag pit stops and all.

Then comes Sunday morning. The big one. The 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race. This will be the 100 time over 106 years (interrupted only by during WWI or WWII) that the Indy 500 will be run. It may not be what it once was but it's still the largest one day sporting event in the world and is without a doubt The Greatest Spectacle In Racing!

Sunday night following the completion of the 100th Indy 500 we'll head North to Kokomo, IN for the traditional post Indy 500 wingless sprint car race there. The Kokomo dirt track is a great racetrack and the racing there is almost a lock to be the best you'll see all season long.

We'll head back to reality on Monday morning a bit sad that it's all over for another year but recalling all the great racing we've seen over the past 5 days.

Hope all of you have a great and safe Memorial Day Weekend no matter what you might decide to do. And take a minute to reflect on why the holiday exists. If you happen to believe in a higher power that listens to your prayers say a short one for all the lives lost defending our way of life and the freedom to go racing if we choose!

Sounds like you are in for a good dose of Racing CIRF. Hope they are all classics!
    I am on the fence about Friday, Allstars are at Attica. I have to drive straight up thru Columbus at about rush hour friday and thats never any fun. Add to that the memorial traffic weekend and hence my reservations...
    But Saturday and Sunday for sure Fremont. FAST action on saturday and BOSS nonwings there sunday.
    Should be a good doubleheader
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaf67 View Post
    Sounds like you are in for a good dose of Racing CIRF. Hope they are all classics!
    I am on the fence about Friday, Allstars are at Attica. I have to drive straight up thru Columbus at about rush hour friday and thats never any fun. Add to that the memorial traffic weekend and hence my reservations...
    But Saturday and Sunday for sure Fremont. FAST action on saturday and BOSS nonwings there sunday.
    Should be a good doubleheader
    RiffRaf, we pull out all the stops for Memorial Day Weekend. It's the only extended weekend of the year that we string together this many consecutive days/nights of racing. My wife goes with me to all the shows listed above, which is really cool, but she won't attend another race until late August at the earliest! LOL!

I've heard a lot of very good things regarding BOSS but have yet to attend one of their shows. You folks are lucky over that way to have a good wingless sanction such as BOSS. I'll attend a winged show, and I certainly respect and admire the winged cars and their drivers but they aren't my top priority to see. My loss I reckon.

Have fun and be safe!
    Last edited by CIRF; 05-24-2016 at 04:34 PM.

plans with my family that does not involve racing.

it was a good one at the burg with larson, stewart,rico with shane stewart winning.