Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MBH Chassis

Default MBH Chassis

In reading the SLM results over the past few weeks, it is amazing what a foothold MBH has in the Mid-Atlantic region, yet Mastersbuilt chassis's seem to falling off throughout the rest of the country. It seems the teams in this region either run a MBH or Rocket chassis, with only a few other brands sprinkled throughout. Funny how these chassis wars pan out depending on the region of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    In reading the SLM results over the past few weeks, it is amazing what a foothold MBH has in the Mid-Atlantic region, yet Mastersbuilt chassis's seem to falling off throughout the rest of the country. It seems the teams in this region either run a MBH or Rocket chassis, with only a few other brands sprinkled throughout. Funny how these chassis wars pan out depending on the region of the country.
    It's all in getting a few guys to run your stuff. If MB were able to get some big names who win races like Babb, or Feger to run their stuff it would start to grow out that way too once they start rattling off wins. That is what happened with MBH, they had guys like Anderson, Hubbard, Lathroum, etc. in their stuff winning races and then everyone wants to get what they are getting beat by. Right now in this area it is either Rocket or MBH (and a lot of Lazer cars as well). For other makes to win races is difficult just because of the numbers (what are there four or five BD/C29, one or two Longhorns, and random GRT, Warrior, etc. cars here and there).

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Thanks Jeff, that makes sense, plus I still feel many local racers prefer to deal with a local builder ( i.e. MBH and Lazer ) for convenience, for service, parts and repairs etc. Still somewhat surprised that Longhorn has not made a dent into the Mid-Atlantic area like the rest of the country. I know Jeff Rhine switched to one for 2016, but he off to a slow start so far this season.

Thanks Jeff, that makes sense, plus I still feel many local racers prefer to deal with a local builder ( i.e. MBH and Lazer ) for convenience, for service, parts and repairs etc. Still somewhat surprised that Longhorn has not made a dent into the Mid-Atlantic area like the rest of the country. I know Jeff Rhine switched to one for 2016, but he off to a slow start so far this season.
    Many local racers do not get a new car every year. Many that do can much easier afford to get a new chassis and some parts for a brand that they have many parts for already. It costs more than just the big sticker price to "upgrade" to a boutique chassis of the month.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

A lot of them around here have 3-4 year old cars. Guys with more backing have updated ones. Most don't run regionally. Only local as a hobby. The way the state is you can only travel south and from mid/central MI it's almost a 4 hr hike just to get to the border.

The only MBH i see winning around here is Kyle Hardy and Hubbard when he doesnt break. But im in southern MD so im not sure what most guys run in the central PA area. Lathroum picks up wins here and there in 1 but isnt getting the wins he use to. Also not sure how old his or anyone elses MBH's are compared to the handful around in new XR1s

...yet Mastersbuilt chassis's seem to falling off throughout the rest of the country.
    Ummm... need to check out the Gheer'd Up Facebook page for their performance #'s from IMCA. They were literally the dominant chassis in 2015 and doing really well in 2016 too. They're known as MasterSbilt by Gheer'd Up Race Cars (Tyson Gheer; crew chief for multi-time IMCA LM champion and Deery Bros. Summer Series Champion, Justin Kay). I think there was a ridiculous # of events in 2015 where they blanketed the top 10 in Deery Bros. shows. Granted, IMCA Lates are a little different world... since they run on a narrower tire and run strictly with spec motors, and have a shock rule. Then again, it's the same for all chassis builders there and... well... the sport could use a lot more of the cost-effective mentality to help grow counts.Gheer'd Up Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/Gheerdup/?fref=ts
    No Weak Circus'... Please!

I see a few more winning than just Hardy.. Dylan Yoder.. Andy Haus.. Mike Lupfer.. Hasn't Andy Anderson won a few at Hagerstown..

Quote Originally Posted by 06Tireman View Post
    I see a few more winning than just Hardy.. Dylan Yoder.. Andy Haus.. Mike Lupfer.. Hasn't Andy Anderson won a few at Hagerstown..
    Haus is running a Rocket this year, but yeah, everybody else you mentioned is very fast. In fact, I'd say Yoder is generally better than Hardy.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Haus is running a Rocket this year, but yeah, everybody else you mentioned is very fast. In fact, I'd say Yoder is generally better than Hardy.
    Haus has an MBH car that he runs occasionally, all or most of his wins have come in the Rocket this year though.

Don't forget Justin Kann, and Gene Knaub are both real fast in the MBH cars. While he hasn't been out much or at all yet I believe Keith Jackson runs an MBH and is very fast as well. In addition Jason Miller is always fast up at Winchester Speedway.

Quote Originally Posted by 06Tireman View Post
    I know the Yoders by name and seeing pics of their cars, but dont know enough about them so they fall in that category of drivers that i wasnt sure what chassis they ran. I only get to see Anderson run maybe once a year and for what ever reason always thought he was in a rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by jlacey View Post
    I know the Yoders by name and seeing pics of their cars, but dont know enough about them so they fall in that category of drivers that i wasnt sure what chassis they ran. I only get to see Anderson run maybe once a year and for what ever reason always thought he was in a rocket.
    He switched from Rocket to MBH last season.

Gotcha. I haven't seen him race since the Winchester 200 last year

Quote Originally Posted by jlacey View Post
    Gotcha. I haven't seen him race since the Winchester 200 last year
    Yeah, he was quick before he got rid of the Rocket and still quick now. I think he won the 2014 Winchester 200 in a Rocket (but I might have my years mixed up).

A few other big name guys running MBH cars:

Nick (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)son
    DJ Troutman
    Scott Palmer

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Yeah, he was quick before he got rid of the Rocket and still quick now. I think he won the 2014 Winchester 200 in a Rocket (but I might have my years mixed up).

DJ Troutman
    Scott Palmer

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    I believe your right. Might have my years mixed up also but im pretty sure we went the last 2 years, Satterlee won last year and Anderson the year before. I havent been to Hagerstown in years so unless they come to Potomac or Winchester when i go i usually dont get to see alot of those drivers mentioned. Saw a couple for the 1st time at Hesston a few weeks ago, Cosner, Angelico (sp) Kahn

Troutman also. All the tracks ive been to over the years Hesston was only the 2nd PA track ive been to. Saw WOO sprints at the grove years ago and that was it. Theres a few i wanna hit in PA whenever I have the time & $

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post

DJ Troutman
    Scott Palmer

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Keith Jackson and Keith Barbara too.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I don't think there's anything wrong with Mastersbilts, they just don't have any traveling guys out there anymore. Heard a rumor at Atomic that the shop in Indiana was for sale and Gilpin might be buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with Mastersbilts, they just don't have any traveling guys out there anymore. Heard a rumor at Atomic that the shop in Indiana was for sale and Gilpin might be buying it.
    It has been for sale for some time. Nothing wrong with the cars. They were the first ones to develop the type of front ends that everyone has now.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Despite what people on here think, you could probably say the same thing about Warrior, GRT, Barry Wright, MB Customs, etc. They all have been around a long time and build good cars. It is just they don't have the big name drivers in them anymore. Obviously MBH and Gheer'd Up start out with a Mastersbuilt chassis and go from there.