Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MBH Chassis

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Yeah, he was quick before he got rid of the Rocket and still quick now. I think he won the 2014 Winchester 200 in a Rocket (but I might have my years mixed up).

A few other big name guys running MBH cars:

Nick (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)son
    DJ Troutman
    Scott Palmer

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Troutman picked up his new XR1 on Wednesday.

Chris Ferguson has a new XR1 as well. Interesting after his success in the Longhorn, especially after he just got a new Longhorn a couple weeks ago.

Chris Ferguson has a new XR1 as well. Interesting after his success in the Longhorn, especially after he just got a new Longhorn a couple weeks ago.

Wow, that really is a surprise.... His new Longhorn can't have but a race or two on it. Not sure why he would go to the expense of buying the new Longhorn knowing he was also getting an XR1

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post

Wow, that really is a surprise.... His new Longhorn can't have but a race or two on it. Not sure why he would go to the expense of buying the new Longhorn knowing he was also getting an XR1
    Maybe he wanted to compare build quality of a WV Longhorn and a NC Longhorn.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I guess since they are the same car it must just mean that all of the drivers in the "WV Longhorn" are just better than those driving the "NC Longhorn" since as you say the cars are the same.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    Perhaps having different bullets for different targets is a good thing...
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

If they are the same car, why on Earth would someone on a budget, as he says he is, drop another $40k on the same car? According to you that is.

I find it amusing, hilarious, baffling, mind boggling, and on and on, that some of you think every dam chassis out there having success is just a Longhorn. And before this, they were all Rayburn's.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Perhaps having different bullets for different targets is a good thing...
    But they aren't different, it's an exact replica.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Simply amazes me how the DLM teams switch chassis', never seen anything like it with sprint cars or modifieds. If those guys do switch, it is usually in the off season, not in the middle of the year? Just Crazy!!!!

I guess since they are the same car it must just mean that all of the drivers in the "WV Longhorn" are just better than those driving the "NC Longhorn" since as you say the cars are the same.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    The thing that gets me, is. Mark had an interview on DOD a while back basically saying, it was time to change the design because there was to many copies of the Rocket out there. Now, I'm sure his main beef was with Lanigan. But, there were others. Then he turns right around and basically copies the Longhorn. Is there some differences? Yes. But, don't call others out when you do the samething. Plus, was t there a beef a few years back when Blankenship left Bloomer and ended up with a new "Rocket"??

Was it confirmed that Fergy got an xr1? His fb page doesn't say anything. He posts alot and would think hed post something about that

Quote Originally Posted by mud duck View Post
    The thing that gets me, is. Mark had an interview on DOD a while back basically saying, it was time to change the design because there was to many copies of the Rocket out there. Now, I'm sure his main beef was with Lanigan. But, there were others. Then he turns right around and basically copies the Longhorn. Is there some differences? Yes. But, don't call others out when you do the samething. Plus, was t there a beef a few years back when Blankenship left Bloomer and ended up with a new "Rocket"??
    I can't speak to the Longhorn/Rocket deal, I heard Rumley helped, but no proof. But if true, it's no different than the fact he was hired to make the boat anchors that were Longhorns be what they are now. Personally, they all copy stuff off of chassis they like. And once they are dong so many tweaks to them, you just make your own IMO.

The Blankenship/Bloomer deal, supposedly Blankenship, since he's poor, took his Bloomer cars to Port City, and copied them. Obviously, with the money behind John, Bloomer can't fight that, not to mention if the stuff isn't patented it's fair game anyway.

Fergy just posted he is shaking down his new XR1 tonight then heading to West Virginia for the WoO this weekend.Didnt he total his longhorn a few weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Russell W View Post
    Fergy just posted he is shaking down his new XR1 tonight then heading to West Virginia for the WoO this weekend.Didnt he total his longhorn a few weeks ago?
    Yeah at the Carolina outlaw race, but a week or 2 later said he had a brand new longhorn ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    If they are the same car, why on Earth would someone on a budget, as he says he is, drop another $40k on the same car? According to you that is.

I find it amusing, hilarious, baffling, mind boggling, and on and on, that some of you think every dam chassis out there having success is just a Longhorn. And before this, they were all Rayburn's.
    My comment has nothing to do with success, or lack thereof.

It does have to do with actual construction.

Racers do a lot of dumb things. Sometimes they spend lots of money hoping to buy info.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    You mean guys like Casebolt, who look like they forgot how to race?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

You mean guys like Casebolt, who look like they forgot how to race?
    Since when has Casebolt set the world on fire?

He won The Dream in Dale Beitlers Rocket, that's about it.

My comment has nothing to do with success, or lack thereof.

It does have to do with actual construction.

Racers do a lot of dumb things. Sometimes they spend lots of money hoping to buy info.
    So you've been next to them both, all body work off, on the exact same jig, and they are the exact same?

So you've been next to them both, all body work off, on the exact same jig, and they are the exact same?
    He was running very well in the club cars. He certainly is not a b main guy in the current WOO crowd.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

The XR1 was not designed without looking at s Longhorn. They are too much alike. Too many things that are not a part of other chassis.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1